BX2230 pwr source for Tiny-Tach

/ BX2230 pwr source for Tiny-Tach #1  

Scrounger

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230
I've looked at all the threads about installing the Tiny Tach and the power source. They all point to a loose white connected over the battery. Based on the pictures and what I found, mine is connected to some little box on the left up under the dash.

I really dont want to splice into a line since I want a switch source that I can just plug into.

Anyone has any other places to tap into since my plug that everyone with the 2200 or 23 used is in use.

/ BX2230 pwr source for Tiny-Tach #2  
I have not looked to close at mine, if you do not want to splice there are the three bullet conectors under your seat. The pair towards the back are your 12v, ground these are key activated. There may be others, but those are the ones I use for my sprayer and back light.

Steven

/ BX2230 pwr source for Tiny-Tach #3  
If the white wire isn't readily visible, then I would just keep searching till you find it. I don't remember exactly which wire is used, but if others have said it is the white wire, then the white wire is there, but you have just not located it. The tractors are all wired the same, but sometimes the spare wires that are not used, get tucked up out of harms way very successfully by the person working on the tractor that manufacturing day. I can remember a person looking for the red wire under the seat and not ever finding it. I know that it is there and that I could find it if I were looking at that tractor, but some people are not willing to be creative and pull anything apart. If the wire was taped off somewhere, you will need to find where and remove the tape. Electrical wiring isn't difficult to do if you put your mind to understanding it. I suggest that you just use a test light to verify the source once you find it. Just remember, you tractor can only go up in smoke once..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX2230 pwr source for Tiny-Tach
Junkman

I found the plug and wire that was mentioned in some previous posts, but mine is connected to a denso? box in the far upper left under the dash. I pulled all the protective wire looms off and nothing. I might just have to tap into the front light switch or something. Not what I wanted but I can use a spade tap or something.

/ BX2230 pwr source for Tiny-Tach #5  
If you have to tap into the wiring, I suggest that you first get a sharp pointed test light and make sure that that wire that you tap into is live only when the tractor is running or the key switch is turned to "run". Then use a 3M blue crimping wire tap and hook up to the Tiny Tach. If you want to put a fuse in the line, 3 M makes a crimp fuse holder that you cut the wire and crimp onto both ends and install the new type of spade fuses in it. They work great and hold forever. Corrosion isn't a problem. I purchase them in packs of about 10 from NAPA or CarQuest. 3 M products web site.....

/ BX2230 pwr source for Tiny-Tach
Well I went down a different pay on this. I use the hot lead of the headlight switch with a spade splitter to power the Tiny Tach and then just ran the ground to the frame. I like the idea of the starter switch, but preferred to have it untouched. I'll post some pics on my website of the connectors and the mounting. I used some super velcro and mounted it below the voltmeter and fuel gauge.