Price Check BX2260 Price?

/ BX2260 Price? #1  

chuck43

Hi All,
A buddy of mine just gave me a price of what he will sell me his 2003 Kubota BX2260 for.

2003 BX2260....Not exactly sure on the 60 part..I believe its a 54 in cut?
300 hours
Canopy cover
Turf tires
Never used set of rear Ag tires on rims
Snow chains for tires
FEL with teeth attachments
Cyclone Z-10 bagger Vacume (50 hours on it)
Serviced by factory every 2 years.
Always garaged

$8500 to me.....

I have a L4400 with backhoe already but I don't think I can pass this up..I would use it to replace my Gravely ZTR for starters and having a second FEL would just be to nice..One for me and one for the wife.

Good Price?? I have not really looked at prices in a few years. I know the Cyclone bagger goes for around $2000 and he all the attachments for it.

Thanks Every one,

Chuck

/ BX2260 Price? #2  
I bought a brand new 2660 last year. Trust me I would be jumping on that but in a heart beat.

/ BX2260 Price? #3  
In my opinion it would depend on how much you wanted the USED accessories and used attachments/accessories can sometimes not bring much of their original price. Also much consideration should be given to financing situation. If your paying cash or financing. The new Kubotas with the company financing are hard to beat for people that finance. Since you already have a FEL then in actual dollars how much is that additional loader worth to you. Ag tires on rims and the other items he paid good money for because he thought he needed them, do you really need them? Smart people have been buying major companies and then selling off all the assets of those companies and making money since the parts can some times be worth more than the whole. Same can be done with an equipped tractor, maybe. Figure out how much you can REALLY get for the parts you don't want or need then see how much what you want is really costing. That's my opinion which is free and maybe of no value to you..

/ BX2260 Price? #4  
If he bought it in 2003, it's a BX2200. They were mated to either a 54" or 60" MMM.

The 2200 model had their own set of issues, which may or may not have affected your buddy's unit.

The turf and bar tires were the same size on both front and back and can be used mixed.

Does sound like a good deal, if well maintained.

/ BX2260 Price? #5  
Our first Kubota was a 2003 BX2200 and it is still going strong after a lot of hard years of use, it had 600+ hours when we sold it. The only problems we had were a broken air filter bracket, light switch replaced and I didn't tighten the deck height adjustment nut when I should and lost it. They came out with a replacement seat, but ours is original. this picture was taken last summer, it is left out in the sun.

Sounds like a pretty good price to me.

/ BX2260 Price? #6  
One additional thing- if you plan to use anything else up front requiring the FEL hydraulics other than the FEL itself (snowblower, blade, sweeper), be sure the proper valve is installed in the loader circuit.

You then must pull the loader arm pins, so you can leave the right side loader mount post on the tractor- it has the joystick.