BX23 filter strap finally broke.

/ BX23 filter strap finally broke. #1  

Ken_CT

Gold Member
Tractor
BX23, Hustler Mini Fastrak 42 w/mulch kit, Wheel Horse 14-38XL
I knew it was bound to happen. I welded it and it is fine now. My question is, does Kubota have an improved strap that can replace the poorly designed one, and will the replacement be covered by warranty? It's no big deal, I don't think the old one will break again, but it would be nice to have a new one handy in case it does. Thanks.

Ken

/ BX23 filter strap finally broke.
I knew it was bound to happen. I welded it and it is fine now. My question is, does Kubota have an improved strap that can replace the poorly designed one, and will the replacement be covered by warranty? It's no big deal, I don't think the old one will break again, but it would be nice to have a new one handy in case it does. Thanks.

Ken

/ BX23 filter strap finally broke. #3  
How many hours does yours have on it?
I am starting to feel cheated that mine hasn't broken yet.
Seems almost like a rite of passage for BX owners.

/ BX23 filter strap finally broke. #4  
How many hours does yours have on it?
I am starting to feel cheated that mine hasn't broken yet.
Seems almost like a rite of passage for BX owners.

Just turned 200hrs. The only other problem it had was the turn signal switch got wet and the amber lites were flashing by themselves. Just needed to be dried out & all was well.

Ken

Just turned 200hrs. The only other problem it had was the turn signal switch got wet and the amber lites were flashing by themselves. Just needed to be dried out & all was well.

Ken

/ BX23 filter strap finally broke. #7  
I went thru 3 straps on my BX 2200 before the "New improved" strap became available. Then no problems.

My BX23 has over 300 hours on it and everything seems fine.

/ BX23 filter strap finally broke. #8  
I went thru 3 straps on my BX 2200 before the "New improved" strap became available. Then no problems.

My BX23 has over 300 hours on it and everything seems fine.

/ BX23 filter strap finally broke. #9  
I am on my second "new design" on my BX22. The new design is more robust, but still a victim to engine vibration.

paul

/ BX23 filter strap finally broke. #10  
I am on my second "new design" on my BX22. The new design is more robust, but still a victim to engine vibration.

paul