BX23 HST pedal no pressure

/ BX23 HST pedal no pressure
Usually one end or the other of the speed control rod 050 has come adrift.
Try using a mirror to help you look.

there is two things that could cause the hst pedal to be limp. as others said the rod link from pedal to the rear connects to a plate that the hydraulic rams must have come off from the cotter tee that fell out. well.. the cotter tee is wrong term as kubota has there own spring clip thing , but concept is the same . needs a pin to hold the rod in. you really need to have the mower deck off to see as its your first time under there to understand the workings. the other possible is the adjustable nut that holds the spring down on the hst but still part of the link but not the rod must have came off which is impossible since its a locking nylon nut. again- the mower deck needs to be off to see things better. i am willing to bet im 99 percent sure its a linkage issue somewhere and getting the deck off is the first step.

Thank you so much - thats exactly what it was.

I got the mower off. The rod is connected fine under the pedal, but came off on the other end (at the back near the right rear tire)
So, it seems to have come off the "spring clip thing". I managed to click it back drive it back to the barn, though it did pop out once along the way again and I'm not sure I understand if it's just supposed to clip on or there is a nut somewhere.

On the rod is the open end, and the is a little rubber thing, thats worn out. On the other end (ball end) I can click it in place and it stays temporarily (since the rubber is worn out), but thats were I'm not sure if something has broken off and there should be a nut somewhere or it just click and stays in place.

Thanks again for all the replies and solution.

Last edited:
I had the same symptom and posted it on 6-10-2019 as others have said it is probably the pedal linkage.
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...4-speed-control-pedal-linkage.html?highlight=

Thanks - the photo below that you posted on that thread was helpful (i've attached it here again).
So on mine, that rubber thing is worn out and needs to be replaced. What I'm not clear on is whether that ball just clicks in place or it's supposed to be part of part 060 in the diagram Dave posted (attached).

I've attached a picture of what it looks like when i've clicked it in place - though its very very loose and not sure if it's just the rubber thing thats worn out or part 60 is damaged with rubbing and needs to be replaced too.
I'll try the local Kubota dealer tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1122.JPG
    IMG_1122.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 221
  • forum BX23S 2 (1).jpg
    forum BX23S 2 (1).jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 208
   / BX23 HST pedal no pressure #14  
I tried looking but don't see anything. It's parked in a weird spot where I went to connect the FEL and haven't been able to easily check underneath.
I don't have much experience with doing much more than the basic service, so not exactly sure what to look for in terms of loose linkage from the pedal. Would a WSM show this? I should purchase one.

If you really want to learn your tractor and you have basic mechanical skills you can probably figure it out with the WSM and Parts Manual. Once you get them you will love it. Has saved me many time over their cost by staying away from the dealer shop. You need to get some ramps for elevation under neath, easier to get at those under body items. I have a BH on my BX so I use that and the FEL to raise it up then put jack stands under it. Never work under tractor with only hydraulics hold it up.

Ron

/ BX23 HST pedal no pressure #15  
The rod end (60) comes as one complete part. It was part number K1122-42080 for my BX24, not sure if it's the same for your BX23, likely is.

Got it fixed - thanks everyone for your help and advise. Got a new rod / connector (part 50/60) from the dealer today and it worked perfectly.

Thank you again!