BX23 Relief Vent Update

/ BX23 Relief Vent Update #1  

AMR

Gold Member
Tractor
B3030
I posted here a few weeks ago that I could not stop hydraulic fluid from finding its way out of the relief under the seat.

Well I spoke with the dealer and he said that the fluid is either over full or for some reason over heating.

Well, I swear up and down that I checked the fluid, found it slightly over the full line, let some out down to about half way between the two lines and than ran it and still had a leak.

Well I let it sit for about a week between mowings, this weekend I checked the stick and it was still over the full line????? So now I let some more out to the very bottom of the stick, right at the lowest line. I ran it for few minutes doing some loader work, let is sit for about and hour and the level was still at the very lowest line. Now I added some fluid to get exactly 1/2 way up the stick (which was not very much, maybe 3 oz or so) and ran it for about a half hour and now let it sit overnight. While it was running I took the hose and cleaned off the tractor around the hydraulic fan, there was a build up of find dirt and grass clippings.

OK, so now it is still half way up the stick after 16 hours or so. I cut the lawn, this is about a 2.5 hour adventure with the machine at about 7/8 WOT running the bagger and MMM and thankfully it looks like problem solved, no drips at all, just had too much fluid in it the entire time.

/ BX23 Relief Vent Update #2  
GTG AMR.