BX2350 60"MMM leveling

/ BX2350 60"MMM leveling #1  

Goldwing

I noticed my grass was being cut lower on one side, so I thought I would try to level the deck .... simple adjustment, Ha!

With the blades pointing front to back when measured for a 2 1/2 inch height,
I can get the discharge side level but the left side front is higher by a 1/4 to 1/2 inch, while the left side rear is adjusted correctly. If I adjust the left front to go down then my right side front is too low.

All measurements are from the tip of the blade to the floor. (floor is level concrete slab in garage.)

I checked the blades to ensure they were not bent and I don't think the deck
is bent. Could the front mounting guide be bent?

Thought I would consult the experts here. Maybe someone has a nice simple
procedure.

/ BX2350 60"MMM leveling #2  
Goldwing said:
... If I adjust the left front to go down then my right side front is too low...

Have you then tried to correct for this by adjusting the right front side?

/ BX2350 60"MMM leveling #3  
Check your tire pressures. This is critical to having the deck adjusted properly. If you start off with one tire with a higher pressure than the other, then everything is going to be skewed. Just like building. If the foundation isn't level, then by the time you get to the top, that 1/4" is now 2" out of square.

/ BX2350 60"MMM leveling #4  
My 60" MMM was also way out of adjustment when I got it. I prefer to mow at 3.5" and with all the adjustments near their extreme, I still have to set the dial on 3.25" to get a 3.5" cut. I think the closest I could get the right side was .5" difference between front tip of blade and rear tip of blade, while left side was .25" difference. I have not noticed a problem with the cut set like it is. When the mowing slacks off, I will have to do some more adjusting, because the mower deck won't lock in the "TOP" position like it used to. Tire pressure is spot on. I blamed it on the R4's being taller than the turfs, but I don't know if that is correct.

/ BX2350 60"MMM leveling #5  
The entire first season I had mine it was always kind of uneven. At the end of season I realized the front bracket that leverages under the weight bracket was not connected correctly on the front of the deck. Just a thought.

/ BX2350 60"MMM leveling
Thanks for the input.

My tire pressures are correct (or at least equal for the front tires and equal
pressure in the rear tires).

If I try to correct the right front after making the left front correct I run out
of adjustment.

It sounds like others have had a few challenges with this as well.

I am going to start over this weekend and try again.

/ BX2350 60"MMM leveling #7  
Goldwing said:
... If I try to correct the right front after making the left front correct I run out
of adjustment...

I'm beginning to think that you may ultimately have to bend one of the arms on the front linkage to achieve your goal.