BX2370 Push Boom? - Custom Implement 1

/ BX2370 Push Boom? - Custom Implement 1 #1  

Samwise

Tractor
Kubota BX2370
Don't know what else to call it. We are dumping our non-burnable plant compost from the garden / yard down a small hill in the back every year. This amounts to a land fill (yes we have other compost - this is getting rid of the excess).

The problem is this piles up and pushing the latest bucket load further down the hill with the bucket can get the front wheels stuck in the soft ground. The bucket simply doesn't extend out far enough and I end up doing this manually with a rake. I am sure many have a similar situation. Has anyone come up with a clever boom (non-welded) attachment that gets a tractor sized rake way out in front?

I have always thought of this as attached to the FEL boom but maybe the bucket will be in the way. Attaching to the bucket itself might be better.

Last edited:
   / BX2370 Push Boom? - Custom Implement 1 #2  
Taking the welder out of the equation complicates things, but it can be done with pieces of angle iron for brackets and lots of drilling and bolting...
Do you have a SSQA where you can drop the bucket and put another implement on? If so, you could make a blade from an old barrel and some square tubing that will extend the reach, I'd make it telescoping like a shop crane so it will be sturdier in close, but able to reach further, especially for dealing with loose stuff that should move easily.

/ BX2370 Push Boom? - Custom Implement 1
Appreciate the ideas. I only need to extend out 4'-6' from the bucket. I can use two holes already in the bucket side panels and just add two more to bolt on some angle. The pushing end only needs to be 12" - 18" tall and 36" wide and could even be 3/4" ply. So I think I'm on my way with this one as well.

Last edited:
   / BX2370 Push Boom? - Custom Implement 1 #4  
Plywood 'doser blade' extended with 2xs from tractor bucket and rathet scraped into/onto bucket. Should be quickly attached / removed

/ BX2370 Push Boom? - Custom Implement 1 #5  
Do you have forks for your loader arms? If so, make your plywood plow to fit the forks. Might even be able to extend the plow a couple of feet past tips of forks. Jon