BX24 50 Hr service question

/ BX24 50 Hr service question #1  

richardbro

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
I'm in the middle of doing my 50hr service on my BX24 (actual at 65hr... been busy). Everything is going well but I do have a few questions about replacing the gas line filters. There are 2 of these, one next to the carburator and the other underneath the body. I replaced the one next to the carburator and generally made a mess with fuel sort of dripping everywhere. Is some mess 'expected' or am I doing something wrong? Also, there is some fuel in the old gasline filter. What do I do with it? Is it ok to dump it into the tank?

I thought I'd ask before I attempt the under-body gas line filter. I'd like to avoid getting a facefull of deisel if I can :D

/ BX24 50 Hr service question #2  
richardbro said:
I'm in the middle of doing my 50hr service on my BX24 (actual at 65hr... been busy). Everything is going well but I do have a few questions about replacing the gas line filters. There are 2 of these, one next to the carburator and the other underneath the body. I replaced the one next to the carburator and generally made a mess with fuel sort of dripping everywhere. Is some mess 'expected' or am I doing something wrong? Also, there is some fuel in the old gasline filter. What do I do with it? Is it ok to dump it into the tank?

I thought I'd ask before I attempt the under-body gas line filter. I'd like to avoid getting a facefull of deisel if I can :D

FUEL line. The only gas on your machine comes from the operator. :)

Fold a piece of cardboard over the FUEL line and clamp it. No mess.

And the fuel filters aren't part of a 50hr service. More like at 300hr.

Throw away used filter and whatever is inside.

Russell in Texas

/ BX24 50 Hr service question #3  
There is no carburetor either:D

/ BX24 50 Hr service question #4  
I think it's best to let the dealer handle this one.

:D