BX24 PHD

/ BX24 PHD #11  
Bindi:

That's a very good price on the Danuser PHD. I wanted to use
QA fittings betw my curl cyl and the hyd motor, but there was
no clearance to put them right on the cylinders.

Here is a photo of my Worsksaver PHD. It has a homemade
plumb indicator.

Attachments

• hyd_PHD_3.jpg
    hyd_PHD_3.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 383
   / BX24 PHD #12  
Very cool! and Very impressive!

Any chance you could post some images? I suspect a lot more folks besides me would be very interested in this type of modification.

Many Thanks!
The Gardener[/QUOTE]
No problem. :) I haven't got any photos of the lines down to the digger. Yet.
The first photo shows the quick disconnects and clamps I installed :cool: after the hose shop cut and crimped on new fittings. The 2nd and 3rd photo show the PHD on the backhoe. You can see the machined mount in brighter yellow that is welded to the swivel knuckle, which is a flatter yellow. Sorry I didn't get a close up. Anyway, I just got the line fittings for the auger motor, so I don't have any shots of the finished line installation. :( I hopefully have it all ready to dig holes next weekend. The 4th photo shows the BH blocked up for line removal. The line bent up in front of my pickup tail light is where the disconnects go. The 5th photo shows the cover off of the control valves. Quite a can of worms. :D
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 4-21-07 Quick disconnects for the post hole digger.jpg
    4-21-07 Quick disconnects for the post hole digger.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 338
  • 4-19-07 PHD going to the hose shop resized.jpg
    4-19-07 PHD going to the hose shop resized.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 321
  • 4-19-07 PHD going to the hose shop 2.jpg
    4-19-07 PHD going to the hose shop 2.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 277
  • 4-20-07 BH boom blocked up for line modification.jpg
    4-20-07 BH boom blocked up for line modification.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 310
  • 4-20-07 BH bucket actuator line modification.jpg
    4-20-07 BH bucket actuator line modification.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 325
   / BX24 PHD
Fantastic! That set up is quite impressive!

Thanks So Much for sharing your images.

The Gardener

/ BX24 PHD #14  
I finished my Hydraulic PHD installation today. :cool: Here are a few photos.:D
It runs good and sweet on low rpm. :) hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 5-27-07 Auger motor plumbing.jpg
    5-27-07 Auger motor plumbing.jpg
    545.2 KB · Views: 260
  • 5-27-07 Swivel knuckle closeup.jpg
    5-27-07 Swivel knuckle closeup.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 219
  • 5-27-07 Auger Motor Line Routing.jpg
    5-27-07 Auger Motor Line Routing.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 5-27-07 PHD lines temporary secured.jpg
    5-27-07 PHD lines temporary secured.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 191
  • 5-27-07 PHD Plumbing Installation view from BH seat.jpg
    5-27-07 PHD Plumbing Installation view from BH seat.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 5-27-07 Auger going deep.jpg
    5-27-07 Auger going deep.jpg
    607.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 5-27-07 PHD Ops Ck.jpg
    5-27-07 PHD Ops Ck.jpg
    573.6 KB · Views: 246
   / BX24 PHD #15  
I have a BX2200 that does an excellent job of mowing with the MMM and mulch kit. If I were you, I would get the BX24 with MMM. The MMM cuts well and comes on and off quickly after a little practice.

I would just use the backhoe for the holes. For really difficult ground, you can take the bucket off and use a Bro-Tek ripper on the end of the arm. If you particularly need cylindrical holes for some special reason, you could excavate with backhoe, backfill and compact, then bore your hole with an inexpensive PHD. Since you're in NH, you could drive over to N. H. Northern Tool and Supply and pick up a Greene PHD which is only about $400 and another $90 to $140 for auger, depending on diameter. Granted that's a bit more work, but if money does matter, this is an option that could save you a lot.

/ BX24 PHD #16  
Theres a thread in another TBN forum ('Attachments' I think) that asked 'Which attachment do you wish you HADN'T bought?' The post hole digger was the number 1 choice. Seems a lot of owners use them once or twice for a few holes then never use them again. It surprised me and made me think twice. So now, unless I had a heck of a lot of holes to drill, or I could buy a second hand PHD for a bargain price, I dont think I would outlay the cash. Just hire someone to do it.

/ BX24 PHD
unless I had a heck of a lot of holes to drill, or I could buy a second hand PHD for a bargain price, I dont think I would outlay the cash. Just hire someone to do it.

It is definitely one of those purchases that you have to question over and over - I fully agree. In our case, we could easily justify a PHD, but it would have to be hydraulic so it had a reverse. There are many tree roots and submerged rocks that could be problematic if the PHD was unable to reverse direction to escape the snag.

Fencing is a long term idea that we're tossing about. A PHD would certainly move that idea to the forefront. Given that our fencing would run the outside edge of the property along the woods line, tree roots would most likely come into play.

I doubt that we'd be adding any attachments to our purchase for some time. We'll be maxed out just making the TLB purchase. It could very well turn out that we'll make do with the TLB, as is, and escape the need for a PHD altogether.

/ BX24 PHD #18  
bindian said:
I finished my Hydraulic PHD installation today. :cool: Here are a few photos.:D
It runs good and sweet on low rpm. :) hugs, Brandi
Thanks for the pics. Very nice install and the best way to implement the PHD. I can see where this would far out-perform hole digging over a 3PH setup, realizing that it's two different methods of approach, each resulting in success in their own specific manner.

/ BX24 PHD #19  
Bindian,

That is an amazing setup. Very nice indeed. I can just imagine how easy that would be to dig with any time of the year.

/ BX24 PHD #20  
Singlecoil said:
Bindian,

That is an amazing setup. Very nice indeed. I can just imagine how easy that would be to dig with any time of the year.

Singlecoil,
It is easy after taking off the 24 inch bucket and thumb ;) , as the PHD hangs from the same point. :eek: See photo below.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 5-5-07 Booger on the job.jpg
    5-5-07 Booger on the job.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 216