BX24 Skidplate (and initial satisfaction report)

/ BX24 Skidplate (and initial satisfaction report) #1  

snal

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
Not being able to tear myself away from my newly delivered BX...I decided to give her a good once over. Everything underneath looked to be tucked up nicely out of the way, except the tranny filter looks vulnerable. Is there any need to fab a full plate, or just something to protect the filter?

I did find a wad of wires hanging down under the right rear fender...tail light wiring...looks like there's supposed to be a rubber grommet in the frame to hold them up out of the way...if there is, it's missing.

I have very little tractor experience, but this thing drives like a dream! Love that HST! 1.5 hrs of rough driveway scraping didn't touch the power that this little tractor has. It does bounce a bit, but I may have been pushing the speed. Droping the BH was a cinch.

/ BX24 Skidplate (and initial satisfaction report) #2  
I've been too lazy to make a skid plate yet. I don't have sticks and such hiding under leaves and small bushes like a lot of folks do. But when I go looking for that sort of trouble, I just be extra conscious about hazards. I've dinged the hydro filter once but that's about it. I did buy a spare fan quite a while ago just incase /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Beware of hydro-itis! It's an afliction that causes you to think that you can make your ranch truck stop or reverse by mashing your heel down on the floorboard /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers!

/ BX24 Skidplate (and initial satisfaction report) #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Everything underneath looked to be tucked up nicely out of the way, except the tranny filter looks vulnerable. Is there any need to fab a full plate, or just something to protect the filter?

)</font>

Theres a member on here that makes a real nice BX skid plate. Last I heard he didnt have one designed for the BX24 yet but was working on it. You may want to contact him to see where hes at on it. Do a search for member "bird1968" for some pics of his work and more info.

/ BX24 Skidplate (and initial satisfaction report)
Thanks Ray...but I'm a sheet metal man myself, it'd be borderline insanity for me to buy one...LOL!

/ BX24 Skidplate (and initial satisfaction report) #5  
Hi Snal,

Congradulation on your amazing machine...BX24.

Attach is the belly of the beast....Protect those two items.

Bird

Attachments

• 848440-BX24 fan under.JPG
    848440-BX24 fan under.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 425
   / BX24 Skidplate (and initial satisfaction report) #6  
Hey Bird1968,

Your belly is nice and clean /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. You need a new project /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ BX24 Skidplate (and initial satisfaction report) #7  
I wish that was my machine.

That photo was taken from one of my spy...R...H

Thanks Ray... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX24 Skidplate (and initial satisfaction report) #8  
Here's one that I made up and should be the same as your BX24, easy to put on and take off, I keep it on all the time the MMM is off.

Attachments

• 849054-Skidplate3.jpg
    849054-Skidplate3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 383
   / BX24 Skidplate (and initial satisfaction report) #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I wish that was my machine.

That photo was taken from one of my spy...R...H

Thanks Ray... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Oh sure, now everyone will think thats my (way too) clean (as a whistle) tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif