Chains BX24 Tire chains question.

/ BX24 Tire chains question. #1  

fred98050

Tractor
BX24
Hi,

I am looking at these 2 link spacing Vbar chains for the rear tires of the BX24: 26-12-12 Tire Chains

Has anyone use the same setting on their BX24?

Any specific problem, clearance etc...?

Thanks you.

Fred

/ BX24 Tire chains question. #2  
They look like the ones I have on my BX24 and no problems. I have wheel spacers (new this year) which puts the middle of my wheels nearer the lip of the fender and I was worried about that but so far no problems. Just make sure you use the chain tighteners or something similar. I use 2 HD bungees on each wheel to keep 'em tight. I have R4s by the way.

/ BX24 Tire chains question.
C6rider,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have the spacers on my BX24, I was worried that the clearance behind the tire might not be enough. With spacers this might help.

I was looking at these:ATV Garden Tractor Adjuster

for chains tighteners.

I have spent some time on this forum for the past 24hrs and looks like most people had good things to say about Tirechain.com

This forum has so much great info, it is sometimes a bit overwhelming.

Also, I have read something about putting a pvc pipe on the FEL edge to avoid digging in too deep when using the FEL for snow removal, do you know where I can find some info about that?

THanks

Fred

/ BX24 Tire chains question. #4  
Fred,
I have used 3" pvc cut the length of your blade and then a slit cut length-wise in the pipe so you can slide it on and off your blade. It has worked on gravel with no snow and then great on gravel with 4" or so of snow. It stays on even with the blade angled.

/ BX24 Tire chains question.
Wow! I would have never guessed that it would stay in place just by sliding it on the blade with no other means of attachments....

I guess I have all the info I need , blade, tire chain and blade protection, now it's time to have fun in the snow.....

Thanks a lot for the tip.

Fred

/ BX24 Tire chains question. #6  
C6rider,
Also, I have read something about putting a pvc pipe on the FEL edge to avoid digging in too deep when using the FEL for snow removal, *o you know where I can find some info about that?THanks /\/\/\/\/\/\/\ /quote]
* D0 A search rite here on good ole T B N .