BX24 Under-seat wiring (for lights?)

/ BX24 Under-seat wiring (for lights?) #1  

snal

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
I found the wires that some have used for ROPS mounted lights...the ones directly above the rear PTO....but I also found 2 plugs underneath the seat that just seem to dead end into a plastic block. I assume these are for some sort of option, but it would be easier to run my work light wiring to this location, with all wiring being tucked nicely out of the way.
Does anyone know exactly what these plugs are for?

Thanks!

/ BX24 Under-seat wiring (for lights?) #2  
Those leads are there to connect to 12v accessories (lights, sprayer, etc.). They are fused and come on with the ignition.

/ BX24 Under-seat wiring (for lights?) #3  
Yea, I see what you mean, have the same thing on my 2350. The black box looks to me like it's a relay of some sort. My guess is that some options come with a harness that gets it's power from the switched power and then has a switch that uses that relay. Just my guess. I'd like to know myself, it's strange that they left that relay(or whatever it is) in place when it isn't used....

/ BX24 Under-seat wiring (for lights?)
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Yea, I see what you mean, have the same thing on my 2350. The black box looks to me like it's a relay of some sort. My guess is that some options come with a harness that gets it's power from the switched power and then has a switch that uses that relay. Just my guess. I'd like to know myself, it's strange that they left that relay(or whatever it is) in place when it isn't used.... )</font>

Not sure what the 2350 wiring looks like, but the 24 has the seat safety switch under the front right corner of the seat, which is black, right next to it is a gray dead end (just a hunk of plastic to accept the wire end plug) for a 2 wire plug, on the left side is a dead end for a 4 wire plug. I assume that the dead ends are to protect the wire end plug from weather.
I think I'll call the dealer to see if all is well for using one of those for work lights. The manual doesn't mention them.

/ BX24 Under-seat wiring (for lights?) #5  
A pic of what you're looking at might help. On a 23, the aux wires are at the rear of the seat, in a wad of wire loom and hard hydro lines, folded back on themselves and taped. Xacto knife works good just to unfold them to see what you have to work with. No idea if the 24 is the same. I'll try to find a pic if you want but may be totally diff.

/ BX24 Under-seat wiring (for lights?)
I found those too...just looked like the underseat plugs would be easier to use.
I'll get a pic of them.

/ BX24 Under-seat wiring (for lights?) #7  
Oh, ok. The rear ones were the ones everybody seems to have used in the past. No idea what the other wires are for.
Cheers!

/ BX24 Under-seat wiring (for lights?) #8  
Steve:
I just looked at your Pix… You have Made things to help you get MORE from your small tractor than most get out of a large tractor… Amazing /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. KennyV.

/ BX24 Under-seat wiring (for lights?) #9  
Thanks, Kenny, very kind. ... My dad used to say, in the machine shop, the JOB ain't that hard, it's making all the tooling that'll kill ya /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Cheers!