Grading BX25 / RCK54P23BX center blade fell off !

/ BX25 / RCK54P23BX center blade fell off ! #11  
Amazing it didn't the other blades. There is almost no clearance between them.

/ BX25 / RCK54P23BX center blade fell off ! #12  
This deck uses a bolt and a washer, not a nut. I still think the quick stop broke that bolt loose and being a nice clean new thread the downward weight of the rapidly spinning blade just spun it right out.

Yep, shoulda used the right terminology, my BX2200 had a bolt that went through the two cupped washers and dust cover into the shaft. I haven't changed the ones on my BX2660.

Does yours have a notched shaft?

/ BX25 / RCK54P23BX center blade fell off !
Hello thavil
Let me say thank you! Your post made me search and I came up with a lengthy post about the decks coming from the factory without enough grease in the spindles. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/38662-rck60-24b-bearing-failure.html

I bought my deck new in the crate and yes certainly expected it to have sufficient grease for the first season.

So out to the garage I went. I counted the amount of pumps it took for grease to first appear coming out the bottom of the spindle as many in the other post did. One took about 50 or so, one was in the 60's, the middle one was in the 30's. I put 100 pumps in each and wiped up all the excess.

I checked the mower deck manual. Nothing in the setup procedures indicates that it needs to be greased at initial installation before use.

I tried to grease the antiscalp wheels. The grease fittings are just pushed into the plastic wheel. The fittings just pulled out when you tried to unhook the grease nozzle from them, even when being careful. Larry of Larry's Mower Axles has an upgrade to solve this problem, but it is not in the budget right now.

tripleR, no the shaft isn't notched on this deck.

/ BX25 / RCK54P23BX center blade fell off ! #14  
Hello thavil
Let me say thank you! Your post made me search and I came up with a lengthy post about the decks coming from the factory without enough grease in the spindles. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/38662-rck60-24b-bearing-failure.html

I bought my deck new in the crate and yes certainly expected it to have sufficient grease for the first season.

So out to the garage I went. I counted the amount of pumps it took for grease to first appear coming out the bottom of the spindle as many in the other post did. One took about 50 or so, one was in the 60's, the middle one was in the 30's. I put 100 pumps in each and wiped up all the excess.

I checked the mower deck manual. Nothing in the setup procedures indicates that it needs to be greased at initial installation before use.

I tried to grease the antiscalp wheels. The grease fittings are just pushed into the plastic wheel. The fittings just pulled out when you tried to unhook the grease nozzle from them, even when being careful. Larry of Larry's Mower Axles has an upgrade to solve this problem, but it is not in the budget right now.

tripleR, no the shaft isn't notched on this deck.

You're welcome Jeff, glad I could help. You probably found the same post I found a year ago and went straight out to my garage also. This is one of the tasks that convinced me to buy a battery powered Lincoln grease gun!!

I also have the same problem with two of my antiscalp wheel zerks, they keep coming out. I have just dealt with this, knowing each time I grease the wheels, I have a pair a pliers handy to get the loose grease fitting out of the nozzle.

Tod

/ BX25 / RCK54P23BX center blade fell off ! #15  
The nozzles on some. perhaps most grease guns are somewhat adjustable for tension. You may want to give that a try too..

/ BX25 / RCK54P23BX center blade fell off !
Hi Tod
I have to wait a few days for the dust cover to come in, they didn't have it in stock. I am still thinking about packing that dust cover full of grease. Doesn't a large portion of it sling out the drain hole?

I was fitting the covers back on after cleaning everything up. The fit at the top of the covers is very close to the stationary aluminum spindle housing. It is amazing that all of that grass finds its way inside.
Jeff