BX25D Land Pride Third Function Kit install Pump port vs Power Beyond port

/ BX25D Land Pride Third Function Kit install Pump port vs Power Beyond port #1  

xzcVAbc5

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
I have a BX25D and have been working hard on installing a Land Pride 380-137A third function kit with no success installing as Land Pride intends. They specify the P port on the valve block be installed on the P (pump) port line. The trouble is that I've tried everything to undo the line under the deck and can't turn the nut. There's not enough room to get anything in there and turn the nut while holding the line. I've went to the trouble of grinding down a 17mm combo wrench and buying flare nut wrenches and flare nut crowsfoot sockets. Nothing works.

Paul Short (4shorts) video showing this kit with the Land Pride Grapple shows him connecting it to the PB (Power Beyond) port instead. I can get that line apart without too much trouble and install it exactly as Paul did (including the two 90 degree 9/16 JIC fittings).

Is the only difference between connecting the third function to PB vs P that something else will get priority flow before the TFK gets pressure?

/ BX25D Land Pride Third Function Kit install Pump port vs Power Beyond port #2  
Without the LP piping diagram it is hard to arm chair this. Connecting to the P on the block is hard to follow. Adding any additional operating valves is normally just breaking the PB/P line anywhere and inserting the new device in between with another line to the tank. PB on existing to P on the new then PB on downstream..

Ron

/ BX25D Land Pride Third Function Kit install Pump port vs Power Beyond port
Without the LP piping diagram it is hard to arm chair this. Connecting to the P on the block is hard to follow. Adding any additional operating valves is normally just breaking the PB/P line anywhere and inserting the new device in between with another line to the tank. PB on existing to P on the new then PB on downstream..

Ron

Link to the dealer instructions

Link to the instructions that Land Pride sends in the box The non-dealer version is pretty much worthless for figuring out where you should install the P line, however I found it later in a Kubota manual somewhere on the web.

/ BX25D Land Pride Third Function Kit install Pump port vs Power Beyond port #4  
I see you problem. It is related to not being able to loosen the nut on the tube out of the block. If I had time (I do not) I would pull my BX tire and looka t that tube nut. There has to be a way. You probably will need to unbolt the flange in order to get the line out where you can get wrenches on it. That is probably how it was assembled at the factory. Probably need a new gasket unless it is an O ring which is not in the kit. That is why the recommendation to have the dealer do that part of the assembly which makes no sense, LOL on that one. I will try to get time tomorrow to research that in my Parts and WS Manuals. They are well worth their cost.

Ron

I see you problem. It is related to not being able to loosen the nut on the tube out of the block. If I had time (I do not) I would pull my BX tire and looka t that tube nut. There has to be a way. You probably will need to unbolt the flange in order to get the line out where you can get wrenches on it. That is probably how it was assembled at the factory. Probably need a new gasket unless it is an O ring which is not in the kit. That is why the recommendation to have the dealer do that part of the assembly which makes no sense, LOL on that one. I will try to get time tomorrow to research that in my Parts and WS Manuals. They are well worth their cost.

Ron

I wouldn't ask you to do that with your tractor and I'm not sure it would help this situation. The line that I can't get loose is the one shown on page 7 of the "dealer instructions" link.

I'm at the point right now where I'm willing to install it not like the instructions say, but I don't know what I'm giving up by doing that.

FYI: I started down the path connecting the P port of the Land Pride valve block to the Power Beyond port on the tractor (same install as Paul Short). I have the hoses routed up to the cutout where the front driveshaft peeks through the sheet metal. I'm currently working on figuring out how to secure they lines so they are always separated from the driveshaft. Most likely I'll drill a hole to attach a clamp around the hoses.

Will update this thread with pictures and probably some more details as I go. Stay tuned.

Tonight I got the hydraulic part finalized on the tractor. EA Wicked grapple arrived today as well. Can't use it yet since I don't have the electrical portion completed yet.

Link to the photos as promised. I added callouts to the images to explain a few things. I was shooting for something that is good enough that someone with the instructions plus my pictures would be somewhat easy to get the job done.

Any questions let me know.

P.S. Electrical install pics won't be until sometime in July or later. I'll be temporarily installing the wiring so I can get it going quickly. My 12V port for the battery tender will come in handy for that. I'm cooking up a relay and fuse block install for the final solution, but no time to work on it now.