Snow BX2755HD snowblower broken auger gear box inlet shaft?

/ BX2755HD snowblower broken auger gear box inlet shaft? #1  

SergioA

Tractor
Kubota B2620
Hello, I have a BX2755HD snowblower from Kubota, I have less then 20hrs on it, never broke a shear pin on it. Last week as I pulled it back into the garage after cleaning the yard, I noticed that the front augers where not turning. After investigation, I found that the shaft that goes through the fan and drives the front auger gear box was broken straight just passed the seal in the gear box. My warranty finished Jan 2012, I talked to my dealer, who is 3 hours from here, he tells me to bring the shaft to him he will send it to Kubota for analysis, to see if they could goodwill it?
Has anyone had any similar problems?
Thanks,
Serge

/ BX2755HD snowblower broken auger gear box inlet shaft? #2  
I have the same set up and have not had a bit of a problem. For the shaft to break like that sounds like a defect in the metal. The shear pins would have snapped before the shaft. Bet they replace it at no charge.

/ BX2755HD snowblower broken auger gear box inlet shaft? #3  
You are not quite right with the model as it would be BX2750D and as far as your problem with over 300 of that model 2750 out I haven't seen it. On other models where things like that shaft being broke we had found twisted blower housings from hitting obstructions that were not visible to the opewrator with the snow as well as different things jammed into the blower.

/ BX2755HD snowblower broken auger gear box inlet shaft?
Hello Art, it is a BX2755HD, I am from Canada, see the link that Dsmiley posted below.

/ BX2755HD snowblower broken auger gear box inlet shaft?
Just an update, Kubota paid for the shaft that is worth $908.00 Cnd. I replaced it myself, big job, it took me over 8hrs in all to replace it. I found that the big black drive, that comes from the drive shaft, had been bolted in a way that it would pry more to one side then the other, as there are some adjustable angles that hold it on to the blower and they where not tightened straight with the shaft. I think that over time it would have put some stresss on the shaft and it broke where it reduces as it comes to the front gear box, if this makes any sense? The shaft is about 1 7/16" OD at the fan and reduces twice to about 3/4" to the gear box.

/ BX2755HD snowblower broken auger gear box inlet shaft? #7  
It's good that the dealer went to bat for you! I see that they do have different model numbers for our northern neighbors!

/ BX2755HD snowblower broken auger gear box inlet shaft? #8  
Very late but it's a different blower from the 2750. It's a heavier duty model.

/ BX2755HD snowblower broken auger gear box inlet shaft? #9  
Very late but it's a different blower from the 2750. It's a heavier duty model.

Must be REALLLLLLY heavy duty, since the same part on the 2750 is about $55-60 USD, and the OP claimed $908 CND (is that about the same amount? Maybe)