Cab for JD 3038?

/ Cab for JD 3038? #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
I've been thinking about a cab for my 3038e and it looks like lots available. Some seem really nice but more than I want to pay.
Any recommendations? I'm thinking about price, how well it's made, etc.
Here's one that has good reviews but it doesn't look like I could still use the ROPS.
I definitely want to keep the factory roll bar.
I'd rather pay some more for a good one than just a cheaply made canvas one (within reason). It doesn't need wiper, radio, etc.
Thanks especially experience with one. 2021_02_17_21.04.03.jpg

/ Cab for JD 3038? #3  
That is an "Original Tractor Cab" unit. The quality is excellent. I've had one on my 2320 for 8 or 9 years and I'm very happy with it. You will need to have the ROPS up to install it. The picture is of a 3038 without folding ROPS. If you go to the OTC website you can download the installation instructions and you will see that the folding ROPS installation will be a little different.

Their web site says it will not fit newer style tractors with the fuel filter behind the seat.

Hard Top Cab Enclosure 1198 for John Deere 325E, 332E and 338E

/ Cab for JD 3038?
Yes! And I ordered one today from them! Randy was super nice. Of all things he said they had one installed on my same model as a demo. He said maybe they would sell at a discount. He called back after talking to his boss and $200 off so I ordered it.
That will keep some cold off pushing snow, sun, bugs and hay off bush hogging.

/ Cab for JD 3038? #5  
You're going to love it. Did you get the safety glass windshield? It's a good option.

/ Cab for JD 3038? #6  
.................................That will keep some cold off pushing snow, sun, bugs and hay off bush hogging.

While it will be great in Winter, without A/C it's like driving a solar panel. The DIY cab I had on the L3200 had lift-off doors that had to be removed when using the tractor most of the year. I now use the A/C sometimes if the sun is bright while out plowing.