Cable Controlled Loader Valve

/ Cable Controlled Loader Valve #1  

Grut

Silver Member
Hey guys what are your thoughts on mounting a valve this way? Mine got water in it and corroded the spool causing it be very hard to get in and out of float(which broke my joystick) and stick in the downward position. I sealed the caps as dealer had stated in spring of '09 and he resealed them when he had it in for service this spring, I would think the condensation would have stayed in there and caused problems by having it sealed and up side down. If the cap was positioned downward it could vent properly and not take in any water from a bath or rain.
Working with Dealer to correct problem now with manufacturer, but out of a tractor a week already tomorrow.
I am wanting to mount a direct joystick mounted to valve type of vavle and eliminate the cables and position valve correctly with vents facing downward.
Grut

Attachments

• Upsidedownmount.jpg
    Upsidedownmount.jpg
    678.3 KB · Views: 156
   / Cable Controlled Loader Valve #2  
That looks like a bad spot to mount a valve and route cables, they both are way to vulnerable in that area...

/ Cable Controlled Loader Valve
Tell me about it Kenny that was one of the things I didn't like when I bought but I secured the hoses to a piece of tunnel protector to stiffen them up and keep them from rubbing the step.

If I have to keep it this way for now any ideas on keeping the valve in working order besides greasing it very frequently?

/ Cable Controlled Loader Valve #4  
No great idea's here...sorry.

/ Cable Controlled Loader Valve
I know which sucks..

This is what I want to switch to:

Attachments

• TYMecoValve.jpg
    TYMecoValve.jpg
    623.9 KB · Views: 143
   / Cable Controlled Loader Valve #6  
If I understand you correctly the top side of the spool corroded, not the bottom side. I have two ideas.

1. Create a small weep hold on the bottom joint surface of the spool covers. It needs to be as low as you can get it, but just big enough for a drop of water to go through.
2. Pack the area with 3/4" of grease. As you heat up the valve the grease will soften and recoat the spool.

ISZ