Can Bobcat loader lift and tilt smoothly?

/ Can Bobcat loader lift and tilt smoothly? #1  

MIkeWard

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat 2025
I have a new bobcat 2025 tractor. Under 10 hours still.
I had a Ford 1920 and I used it a lot to move firewood on skids!
I did 2035 tractor to demo for a few days.

When lifting a skid of firewood I would always start lifting and at the same time tilt the forks a little to keep the firewood skid level. I've been doing this for years and it works well for moving firewood skids and stacking them.

Now the new bobcat 2025. It doesn't seem to be able to do this.
I can lift. Then stop and tilt a little. Lift more stop and tilt a little more. I keep looking for the sweet spot where it will lift and tilt at the same time and smoothly. Cant tell you haw many half skids of firewood I've shook off the pallets!

I had a bobcat mechanic come and look at the machine today thinking it needed an adjustment and he didn't think it could lift and tilt like my old ford did.
He had never worked on a bobcat tractor before. Just studied schematics, tried tractor, and called someone. He said he would go back to the dealer and use their demo unit to try a few things.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
Any answers or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

/ Can Bobcat loader lift and tilt smoothly? #2  
I can't vouch for the new ones but my old CT235 will tilt and lift simultaneously smooth as silk. I thought any with a joystick had that capability.

/ Can Bobcat loader lift and tilt smoothly?
I can't vouch for the new ones but my old CT235 will tilt and lift simultaneously smooth as silk. I thought any with a joystick had that capability.

Thats what I thought too but mechanic today said he didn't think it would. But he never worked on one before. just going on tablet schematics and phone a friend.

Its also very sensitive, a little touch and it moves a lot, doesn't matter which direction. Thats why I thought it needed an adjustment!

Last edited:
   / Can Bobcat loader lift and tilt smoothly? #4  
I have this issue if the RPMs are low which results in low flow but mine is an older Kyoti/Bobcat

I have this issue if the RPMs are low which results in low flow but mine is an older Kyoti/Bobcat

RPMs have no effect . Barely moving joystick moves fork or bucket a lot- even on one direction. Seems to need sensitivity adjusted.

/ Can Bobcat loader lift and tilt smoothly? #6  
I’m demoing a ct2025 right now and I agree. Loader is very sensitive and jumpy. Is there any way to smooth it out?

/ Can Bobcat loader lift and tilt smoothly? #7  
I’m demoing a ct2025 right now and I agree. Loader is very sensitive and jumpy. Is there any way to smooth it out?

I have a new CT2040 and I’m having the same concern. FEL is definitely sensitive / jerky. My 3-point hitch is also jerky when lifting. It’s super smooth lowering, though.

I was told there could be a little air in the lines since it was new, but I don’t really think that’s the case. Would love to hear if there is a fix or if we just need to adapt to the sensitivity.

Got in touch with Bobcat Factory in Statesville, NC
Got this msg back from Bobcat in N Carolina

Did not really like the answer

Attachments

• Screen Shot   1.png
    Screen Shot 1.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 228
  • Screen Shot 2.png
    Screen Shot 2.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 240