Can I be deleted if I want to be?

/ Can I be deleted if I want to be? #1  

Henro

Tractor
Kubota B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini EX
Hi,

This is probably a pretty strange question!

For some reason my mind is working wierd this evening. Maybe normal, actually.

I was erased twice during that event with the hard disk last month...

I was wondering...if I wanted to be erased again, would that be possible? Not that I want to be...just intelectual curiosity really...

Could someone at CBN purposely make me cybersmoke if I wanted it to happen?

Just call me curious... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Can I be deleted if I want to be? #2  
No, we just tell people to clear their profile and turn off private messages. There are obvious database issues with deleting accounts, so we don't do it (on purpose). /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Can I be deleted if I want to be? #3  
<font color="blue"> There are obvious database issues with deleting accounts, so we don't do it </font>

But, (sorry, Muhammad) the fact is that you can, technically, be reduced to "cybertoast". What Muhammad was referring to is what is typically called "referential integrety", which has to do with keeping various database tables in sync. Basically, you could be toasted, but they'd have to write a program or stored procedure to do it - and that really doesn't provide any benefit for the site.

But I think that the real answer to your question is that you registered on your own, in good faith, and with a "handle". I don't think it is possible for anyone to get any private information about you (unless it is your addiction to tractors /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif). And there isn't a method in place to remove a particular user / poster.

It would be a nightmare to try and remove someone that had any posted messages. Once you post here, you have linked yourself in - from my perspective, if all your posts were to be removed, we'd have lost a lot of useful and entertaining information.

Yah, could be done - technically - but ugly.