Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ?

/ Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ? #21  
This was my second home until 2 years ago. My winter visits were just limited to 2 weeks around Christmas, which is a different situation from living here all winter :)
As Dad used to say , "Life is good for some ...... Better for others". Then again .. He worked two full time jobs for over thiry years.

/ Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ? #22  
I just started using a 60" brush on my JD 1435 'mower'. I've tried a snow blower (too slow), On my JD1070, I made a QA loader frame to attach a 7-1/2' Western truck plow. To use it effectively you need a 3rd function for angle. I chose an electric push button switcher to set it. By far this is the best & fasted. My 800' concrete driveway is done in 2 passes and the engine hasn't even warmed up when I'm finished. I added a thick commercial truck plow rubber (not plastic) wiper at the edge to squeegee the concrete and it then dries fast. I'm also tempted to do the rest of my dirt road just because it goes so fast. I can run in high range & high gear.

Today I tried out the broom and it works great too in slushy snow under 4-6". The concrete looks brand new after a brushing. But i'm not going near the dirt/gravel road with it. The broom works year 'round for dirt, leaves, pine needles, snow, and dog toys.

/ Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ? #23  
Do you have a cab on your Kioti? If yes I'd go with an inverted rear pull blower or a front blower. Move the snow once and be done with it. No damage to driveway. Plowing 4-6" is easy. Gets harder at 12-18". A blower on a big tractor like you have should have no problem. How much snow do you get per storm?

/ Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ? #24  
Do you have a cab on your Kioti? If yes I'd go with an inverted rear pull blower or a front blower. Move the snow once and be done with it. No damage to driveway. Plowing 4-6" is easy. Gets harder at 12-18". A blower on a big tractor like you have should have no problem. How much snow do you get per storm?
1705053312085.png

/ Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ?
Yes, I do. I would say we get about 5" per storm, rather dry snow. The key is to get out and remove it before it has time to partially melt and then freeze over. Most of the contractors around here seem to use blades, some of them on skid steers. Snow pushers is more of a parking lot clean up thing around here.

/ Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ?
I just started using a 60" brush on my JD 1435 'mower'. I've tried a snow blower (too slow), On my JD1070, I made a QA loader frame to attach a 7-1/2' Western truck plow. To use it effectively you need a 3rd function for angle. I chose an electric push button switcher to set it. By far this is the best & fasted. My 800' concrete driveway is done in 2 passes and the engine hasn't even warmed up when I'm finished. I added a thick commercial truck plow rubber (not plastic) wiper at the edge to squeegee the concrete and it then dries fast. I'm also tempted to do the rest of my dirt road just because it goes so fast. I can run in high range & high gear.

Today I tried out the broom and it works great too in slushy snow under 4-6". The concrete looks brand new after a brushing. But i'm not going near the dirt/gravel road with it. The broom works year 'round for dirt, leaves, pine needles, snow, and dog toys.
Interesting, do you have a picture of your set-up ?

As Dad used to say , "Life is good for some ...... Better for others". Then again .. He worked two full time jobs for over thiry years.
I was in corporate roles and worked 80 hours/week toward the end of my career. Things got so crazy that I was working with a Japanese team in Tokyo during the day and shifted to the American team as of 9PM Tokyo time. Absolutely horrendous and unhealthy. That property was purchased at the depth of the financial recession (Jan 2011). It had been somebody's dream house, with no plan how to pay for it.
Central Oregon is absolutely stunning, but has been the victim of undesirables moving in from other blue states or Portland. It used to be a bit like parts of TX, where people are hard working, have high moral standards and are friendly. Most of that is gone now. We bought the property to have access to the trails and nature around here, but have serious doubts whether we can deal with the new 'immigrants'.

/ Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ? #28  
Broom pics.
20231231_171927.jpg
20231231_171953.jpg
20231231_172022.jpg
20240107_113800.jpg
BTW: Take a look at YouTube videos of front mounted rotary brooms used to clear snow.

/ Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ? #29  
Shoot, just this morning I plowed 7" of wet snow with my little Craftsman plow mounted on a ssqa plate, which my Massey wears all winter. I got a longass driveway too, it works great. I got a PTFE war strip I mounted on it, zero damage to my blacktop.

You guys like music vids? This from last year.