Canopy/Sunshade - Aluminum or Fiberglass?

/ Canopy/Sunshade - Aluminum or Fiberglass? #21  
I paid $198 for the Wells AG steel canopy. I bought it at the dealers during the initial purchase.. They said this was dealer cost. I don't know.
That's a great price.I paid around $400 back in 2008.

/ Canopy/Sunshade - Aluminum or Fiberglass? #24  
I've decided I want a canopy to mount on my JD 5065E. I use the tractor bushhogging in some areas with low limbs and am worried about cracking a fiberglass canopy/sunshade. I'm leaning towards aluminum, but they seem harder to find. I'm not opposed to fiberglass, but I'd hate to drop $500+shipping just to have a limb fly back and crack the fiberglass into a million pieces. Pro's, con's, experiences?

The Perry Company: Aardvark Canopy

I bought a Perry FOPS approved canopy for our Ford 4610 and what a difference from a regular open station. Cooler in summer, quiter and keeps the rain off.

/ Canopy/Sunshade - Aluminum or Fiberglass?
Holy old thread batman! Just an update. I ordered a TuffTop from Femco and got it installed last night. I went with the 48x52 size. It was easy to assemble in spite of the Chinese instructions. I'm pleased with the way it looks. We'll see how it works when I'm bushhogging and whack a tree limb.

I forgot to get a pic though.

/ Canopy/Sunshade - Aluminum or Fiberglass? #27  
I prefer home-made, tan canvas over wood frame. Reasons are: #1 lightest weight (makes it real fast an easy to get on and off and allows a larger-more effective size). #2 cheap (almost everyone has an old boat cover and some treated pine 2x2's laying around. #3 durability (mine has held up as well or better over 10 years than the smaller, less effective factory made fiberglass one that I had prior).

Last edited: