Case 235 dies after warm up

/ Case 235 dies after warm up #1  

Case235

Tractor
Case International 235
My tractor starts right up like normal. After about 5 mins, it just dies. Stutters like running out of fuel a couple seconds , then dies like if it was turned off. I can restart it in 30 seconds or so after I hear a click that sounds like a solinoid. It runs about 10 seconds, stutters and dies again. Wait for click noise and it starts again. This is a mitsubishi 3 cyl diesel. What would cause solenoid to cut off fuel( assuming thats the problem)? OR, is there some other bug in the system killing the engine? Ive checked all fluids and connections. Good battery. Engine is not overheating.
I do see a solenoid on the fuel injection pump but the click noise is not there. It sounds like higher up or maybe behind dash.
Any suggestions from you gurus with infinite tractor wisdom?

/ Case 235 dies after warm up #2  
You may be hearing a relay open. There is a few things that could be happening.

1. The solenoid may have two windings. One is to energize and the second is the hold open. The hold open could be a fuse or bad relay.

2. The relay could be doing it's job and there is a safety switch somewhere not satisfied. The relay may be killing the tractor because of that.

3. It may be that everything is fine with the solenoid but you have a clogged fuel filter.

If it was me, I would remove the solenoid and see it the tractor will run correctly without it. You will not be able to kill it with the key so you will either have to move the plunger by hand on the pump or put it in high gear at idle and hold the breaks to kill the engine. If it runs fine then you know that you need to trace the problem. If not, it likely could be the filter.

/ Case 235 dies after warm up #3  
I would disconnect the fuel line at the first practical break after the tank. See if you get a good flow into a container or if it tapers off after a few seconds. Sometimes there is a blockage at the fuel tank output. After ensuring you've got good flow from the tank make sure you have good flow through the fuel filter. Finish by bleeding air from your fuel lines. If the problem isn't here you could well have an issue with your solenoid as lined out above.