Case 480 530 580 posts interchangeability

/ Case 480 530 580 posts interchangeability #1  

jomar215

Bronze Member
Tractor
don't
Hey everybody. I was hoping somebody with the know can tell me how interchangeable parts are between the different models of TLB'S that Case was making back in the late 60's to early seventies. I'm looking at a few 480's, neither of which are complete. I don't mind a project, but I'm really having a hard time finding the necessary information to make 1 solid machine out of the 3. I had thought about potentially utilizing some parts from some of the other models if possible. I was told that the 480 and 580 shared a same/similar engine. How about cabs/rops, backhoes, loaders, etc?

Anybody who can shed some light and maybe point me in a direction would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

/ Case 480 530 580 posts interchangeability #2  
The easiest way of finding out interchangeability, would be to use part numbers. Go here to Case Construction: Official Case Construction Equipment Online Parts Store and Parts Look Up. Parts for Case Equipment and Construction Equipment. Parts Store for Case Wheel Loaders, Case Excavators, Case Skid Steers, Case Original Parts. and enter the 480, and look for the certain part your looking for, saving the part number. Then go back, and look up same part # on a 530, or 580.

There were changes of parts/part numbers at certain serial number breaks, so you'll have to pay attention to that when looking.

Also be aware when buying new OEM parts for the engine, and drive train, the same parts may have been used on Case Ag. tractors. And are usually $5.00, or so less for the part through an Ag. dealer, if you happen to have one closer, than a Construction dealer.

/ Case 480 530 580 posts interchangeability
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much DJ!

/ Case 480 530 580 posts interchangeability #4  
You bet..!! Good luck..!!