3-Point Hitch Case 5230 3point hitch problems

/ Case 5230 3point hitch problems #1  

wayne186

Tractor
Case 90hp
Hi,

I am having some trouble with a Case 5230 Maxxum 90hp tractor that I purchased about 2 years ago. The three point hitch has been a pain in the bum ever since I bought it and the command switch along with the mode selector make little difference. When I do have it working (very temperamental and it does not even have a pattern of 'working when it is warm and not when it is cold'), it takes about 2 minutes to come to the full up position on high engine speed. I have never managed to get it to work in a float position and it is driving me nuts. It is not leaking because I have left the three point in the full up position for several days with a heavy implement on it and it does not drop. The speed dial for rate of descent or ascent seems to do nothing and the only way I can get it to operate at all is to hold the command switch in the full back position or the full forward position. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.

I had a chat with the local dealership in their service department and was not able to walk away with much more than what I already knew. (Not a patch on the guys that helped me out with getting my Case Industrial 680k backhoe in top notch order - damd I ripped that things whole hydraulics and control unit out with a full strip down and built it back up.. **** near thought I was a pro /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ). Anyway I digress... I have ordered a service manual and a parts manual to help me find out what is wrong, but I wanted to ask if anybody else has a tractor like this and has experienced a similar problem? Also does anybody know where I can buy a relatively cheap hydraulics pressure test guage from so I can test all the ports that the manual says I should.

Much appreciate any guidance.

case.jpg

Wayne