Case 580 B, Fair price?

/ Case 580 B, Fair price? #11  
Second one

Attachments

• 408398-jsss.jpg
    408398-jsss.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 277
   / Case 580 B, Fair price?
I left mine in the shop on concrete last night and this morning, I did not find a drop of oil in the floor. I was pleasantly surprised. I will get a picture of the tilt trailer posted as soon as I get it home--We were discussing the 6 and 8 speed tranmissions earlier and This machines 8th gear is almost too fast for me until I get some hours under my belt.--Ken Sweet

/ Case 580 B, Fair price? #13  
Very cool Ken. Yeah, the higher you go in gears, the crazier it gets! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif But, you can't work with all your power if you are in 3rd or higher gear. 2nd is the highest you wanna go, you just lose power if you do.

Blake
WA

/ Case 580 B, Fair price? #14  
in our '70, with the hydro clutch, and 4 speed, you can do most loader work in second gear, unless your really bulling, or pushing something.. the hyd shuttle is a nice feature though.

i wish ours had the newer style hoe like yours though

Hi Blake, that sounds about right. I installed a new easy rider seat and suspension on mine and found there was no seat belt. I am planning to install one before I use it much. My shop foreman brought some pictures that were took when he was in power line construction down in Georgia several years ago. One shows 580B on its side after a 50-75 ft slide and rollover and the operator was saved by wearing a seat belt. Do the ones you are familiar with have the seatbelt or was that too early to be standard equipment on a Hoe?--Ken Sweet

/ Case 580 B, Fair price? #16  
No seat belt on the hoes I used. I'm not sure when they started putting them on. I can't really remember if the C's had them or not. Yeah, it's always a good idea to wear them, if I had one I probably would have used it. I don't use them now in the machines that I use at work (although I should, it's policy, but no one does) just because I'm not in them enough and on terrain that would need a seat belt. I work for a rental company that's is similar to United Rentals, so.....and of course we have updated new machines and they all have seat belts. Anyway....

Blake
WA

/ Case 580 B, Fair price? #17  
So, what kind of work are you going to do with your backhoe?

Blake
WA

Good Morning Blake--Thanks for input--One of the first things is to put a liner in a big goldfish pond (40X50 Ft)--I will dig around the top outside perimeter and tuck in the liner and then cover up--In addition, I have another larger pond that is for the cattle on the farm that has went dry and I plan on digging out the leak hole and try to pack something in there and seal it off--I guess the main project is for this summer is putting in some gas lines--I have 11 natural gas wells that will be going comercially on line and when they do, as the land owner, according to the oil and gas contract I signed, I will be entitled to 12 1/2% of the gas that is sold and free gas to my home and shops--however--I will be required to install the lines and do the hookups at each building.--Probably 1/2 mile of total gas line to put in?--Ken Sweet

/ Case 580 B, Fair price? #19  
Hey Ken, well, be sure to share photos of your work, I love seeing those kind of photos. Nothing better than seeing a machine in action! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blake
WA