Case 580C back tires stopped spinning.

/ Case 580C back tires stopped spinning. #1  

Henry3

Tractor
Case 580C
Hello everybody, I'm pretty new to the tractor world so I have an issue I need advice about. I have a Case 580C that has been working great up until a few weeks ago. I noticed the drive was getting more and more sluggish then I started smelling a differential fluid smell. Soon after that the back tires stopped driving so something seized up or the transaxle fluid is really low. I didn't hear any grinding or other sounds so I'm unsure of what happened. Can anyone steer me in a direction?

/ Case 580C back tires stopped spinning. #2  
I didn't hear any grinding or other sounds so I'm unsure of what happened.

Are you sure your rear tires are correctly inflated? It is not uncommon for under pressure tractor tires to allow the wheel to turn within the tire beads.

Last edited:
   / Case 580C back tires stopped spinning. #3  
Can jack up the rear put transmission in neutral than spin tire listen closly.

/ Case 580C back tires stopped spinning. #4  
Is it a power shift transmission? I don’t recall what Case specifically calls it but you shift from F/R without the need to clutch. If so check the fluid level- my 580D/E will stop moving F/R if the hydro level gets low.

/ Case 580C back tires stopped spinning. #5  
I believe most of those where a power shuttle or reverser, with a torque converter drive to a manual transmission.

From;574136 Rebuild Kit Shuttle Fits Case 480C, 480D, 480E, 580C, 580D, 580
1689350359749.png

Or complete with a torque converter; Case Backhoe Power Shuttle Master Rebuild Kit with Torque Converter
1689350521994.png