Case 8830 Swather

/ Case 8830 Swather #1  

79TA455

Tractor
Case 8830 Swather
I do not see a lot of swather talk on this forum so I am curious if most are posting in a different area, or a different forum altogether.

Anyway, we bought a 8830 Case, same as 8300 Hesston, Swather a couple months ago. The PO removes the original header, most said they were junk anyway, and placed a John Deere on it. They also removed the accumulator and all components for floating the header while cutting. We are going to retrofit some springs into this to help aid in the floating like the older style swathers, so I think I have that all covered. The issue I am having is with the header drive. The PO changed the 3 groove pulley and added a reverse gearbox in this as the header runs backwards from how the original would have. All of the drive lines are gone. I removed a 1:1 reverse inline gearbox off an older Deere swather so I can get rid of the mess he has under the cab. Basically it is a 1:1 offset shaft drive he has on it. He was running this with a chain, which had way too much slack in it. The header was installed about 4 feet away from the machine. We have brought this back to what looks normal and is hopefully correct. With the chain setup there was too much slack in the chain due to the way the header raises. We were hoping that after moving the header back we would be able to continue to run the chain, but there is just no way of doing that. Thus my decision to go with the inline reverse box. I am hoping to be able to return the machine portion of the header drive back to stock.

Does anyone have the measurements for the original shaft diameter and length? I am asking about the one the larger 3 groove pulley attaches to. I also need to know the diameter of the pulley. I would also like to know what the length of the header driveline is. With the header sitting on the ground, what would be the offset of the input for the header compared to the output of the machine, front to back, side to side, and up and down? Like I said, I would like to get this as close to stock as possible so that if I ever come across the proper header I can more easily swap it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.