Case DX33 Stopped moving/no PTOs

/ Case DX33 Stopped moving/no PTOs #1  

Airbear613

Tractor
Case DX33
Hey everyone

I have a case DX33 and I was backing up in low range and it just randomly stopped moving. No weird sounds or anything just stopped. I checked the fluid and it's still clean and full. I also noticed the PTOs don't spin. Is there anything I should look at? I am mechanically inclined with all vehicle types just never worked on a tractor before. When I hit the forward or reverse pedal there's no sound or anything. I followed the linkage and it seems to be all connected and moving.

Thanks everyone!

/ Case DX33 Stopped moving/no PTOs #2  
Welcome to forum!
So engine runs and no movement?
I couldn't quite tell from your post, but I would check your range and direction levers whether hydrostatic or shuttle along with pto engagement lever. Sometimes just a bump will knock them out of engagement or engage them. If engine also is stopped check all safety switches.

Since this tractor is basically same as New Holland TC33 maybe someone with that model could join in?

/ Case DX33 Stopped moving/no PTOs
Thanks for the reply!!

Yes I have tried all 3 ranges no movement. When I move the mid PTO or rear PTO selector into engage the light comes on the dash to tell me it's on but don't see any movement from the splines. The tractor has a front loader and rear backhoe attachment. I noticed there is two bars dangling from the rear that look like they have arms connected to the upper part of the hydrluic resivour. One of them doesn't sway around anymore like it used too ... are these arms some sort of roll over protection that can cut the hydrluic system ?

/ Case DX33 Stopped moving/no PTOs #4  
So engine runs, just no go?!

Well, you tried my initial suggestion, so I can only offer encouragement at this point!

If you have the BH on and it's hydraulic lines are connected (to power beyond hydraulic) most likely you do not want to attempt to engaging the 3pt. lift. It sounds like you are describing the 3pt. upper link arms, but I'm not sure. Can you post any photos to what you are referring?

Also, do you have any manuals? If not, maybe you can find one online. I found a cd shop manual for my Massey 1540 for $12. from Ontario btw. I did look on eBay and found many operators manuals for your tractor, loader and backhoe.

Doesn't your tractor have electronic pto engagement? Could be electrical problem, I know not much help! The last thing I can suggest is you post this on the New Holland forum as there is a lot more activity on that forum than the Case one and since your tractor shares much with the New Holland TC33 you may get someone there to chime in with similar experience.
Best of luck! If you figure it out, be sure to post the fix!

/ Case DX33 Stopped moving/no PTOs
Thanks again for your reply :)

Yeah I think that's exactly what I'm describing. But I didn't know there was a lever to lift or lower them? Do you know witch one it is?

I'm looking for a manual now but might have to look on ebay there 350$ plus here :(

I'm not sure if it's electrical engagement but there's no buttons it's all manual levers you slide into position. Before when you would press forward or reverse you would hear the pump as it would start moving.. now you hear nothing at all when you hit forward or reverse... wondering if the pump has failed ? But I think I can only find one pump on the side of the motor that both the loader and digger attachments are connected too... would there be a separate pump for the drive system? Also I only found one big resivour under the seat and then a level check cap on the front axle. Wondering if I'm not looking at the right fluid?

Thanks