case IH intermittent shut down

/ case IH intermittent shut down #1  

tankaaron33

I have a case IH jx95 that will intermittently shut down at random, could be 2 or 3 days or 2 or 3 weeks, i need to get this problem solved and soon dor the harvest. If anyone has any ideas please help.

/ case IH intermittent shut down #2  
Tell us more, if it shuts off will it start back right away or does it take a while?

/ case IH intermittent shut down #3  
I had a customer bring me his Toyota diesel compact truck. It would randomly quit on him going down the road and usually wouldn't start again until the next day. He wanted me to remove the injection pump and have it rebuilt. When he dropped the truck off his parting words were "or see what else you can find". That comment saved him a lot of money. I could get the truck to quit in the yard by just leaving it idle for a while. If I hooked a jumper wire to the shut off solenoid it would immediately start again so I knew there was nothing wrong with the injection pump. Just for the fun of it I pulled on the wire that was attached to the shut off solenoid. About three feet of wire pulled out of the wiring harness. For some reason the wire had broken in the harness and would randomly let just enough power through to run the truck down the road. When everything got hot enough it would quit until everything had cooled off again.

The first thing I would do is run a jumper wire to the shut off solenoid on the injection pump and see if it will start right after shutting off. Then start narrowing things down from there.

/ case IH intermittent shut down
Sometimes it will fire right back up and run all day and sometimes it will fire but only run for 10 minutes, sometimes it wont fire back up for a few minutes or hours. Alt output is fine, and the battery is brand new, so its not running of tje battery. The fuel filters are brand new and i think there just might be a clog in the tank. . . . . . .

/ case IH intermittent shut down
But it still beeps off and on whether the ignition is on or off.