Case Model S - How Much To Rebuild?

/ Case Model S - How Much To Rebuild? #21  
I have a soft spot in my heart for that era Case Iron. I just completed my 1950 DC after a 10 month rebuild project. I have a 1951 SC that I'll be starting this April. (the SC can be seen in the background behind the DC in the first picture. These tractors (for whatever reason) don't seem to bring big dollars when re-sold, (not like the Green ones). But they sure do shine up real nice!

Unique to the LA/DC/SC series, they has a chain drive final that was next to indestructable. The SC (mid 20's hp) has virtually the same transaxle as the DC (mid 30's hp), so they really lasted.

Attachments

• Picture 001a.jpg
    Picture 001a.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 1950 Case DC 1a.jpg
    1950 Case DC 1a.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 113
   / Case Model S - How Much To Rebuild? #22  
Well I'm a little late since you have the head off. On something like this..I would do the minimum just to get it running...if I could. You can tell a lot about things when it's running. Then do what Eddie says and access just what do you want to do with it and how much do you want to spend.

I had an old 56 CJ-3B once that I planned on restoring. After adding up all the numbers and what needed to be done I passed on that idea. I worked on the engine a little and the drive. Engine just needed a carb and the front axles were replaces. Some leaf spring and u-joints. Bottom line is it still looked the same but ran like a top and I could tow it at freeway speeds. It was also street legal.

Good Luck and post some pics. It's a cool looking tractor.

Rob