Cat 1 Top Link

/ Cat 1 Top Link #1  

GHOSTRIDER32

Tractor
Kabota LX2610
I have two top links that the swivel eyes are frozen. They have never sat outside and on the external sides, they are not rusted. It takes a decent length bar inserted into the eye to get them to move any at all. I have soaked and soaked them in penetrating oil to no avail.

Are the swivel eyes welded or pressed into place? I thought about trying to press them out.

/ Cat 1 Top Link #2  
I have two top links that the swivel eyes are frozen. They have never sat outside and on the external sides, they are not rusted. It takes a decent length bar inserted into the eye to get them to move any at all. I have soaked and soaked them in penetrating oil to no avail.

Are the swivel eyes welded or pressed into place? I thought about trying to press them out.
You can't press them out. Just put a rod through them like you said, and get them to moving. Spray some lube. Let them sit in a gallon can of diesel. I have a 60,000# press, but I wouldn't try pressing those out. Ball and socket, won't come out. They'll come free with lube and effort. I've dealt with some bad ones. Hammers help. Beat it loose banging on them.