Caterpillar Diesel D4

/ Caterpillar Diesel D4 #1  

IHB

Tractor
Ferguson TE20, MF35
Full view of the Caterpillar D4, beautiful machinery.

/ Caterpillar Diesel D4 #2  
Thanks for the video. I own one of those D4,s That one in the video is a narrow guage machine. Could be a 6U or even a J series. Mine is a 49 7U . mine had a Balderson Hyd blade. However it has the fender tank and looks like the one in the video. I took mine apart sometime about 1980. To fix trans trans leaks. It needed all new bearings. and I simply didn't have the money. And put all the parts in a old school bus. and its still waiting . Im not likely to sell it for scrap. Ive thought about throwing it back together with the old bearings and painting & detaling it. and using it for yard art!

/ Caterpillar Diesel D4 #3  
Notice how it said; "Made by Caterpillar Tractor Co. Peoria, IL" on the back of that D4. NOT one Cat tractor was ever made in Peoria. That is where there headquarters is. Back in the OLD days, D4 - D9 were made across the river in East Peoria, but now even they are not made there anymore just assembled there because of the engine plants nearby.

/ Caterpillar Diesel D4
Notice how it said; "Made by Caterpillar Tractor Co. Peoria, IL" on the back of that D4. NOT one Cat tractor was ever made in Peoria. That is where there headquarters is. Back in the OLD days, D4 - D9 were made across the river in East Peoria, but now even they are not made there anymore just assembled there because of the engine plants nearby.

I gotta admit that i dont know anything about Caterpillars, but are u saying that the stickers on the back shouldn't be there? Hmmm

/ Caterpillar Diesel D4 #5  
It's like any other company, they always list there headquarters address, not where things are actually built thats all. My sister married a man from college that went to work for Cat and she thought that they would be living in Peoria but with him being an engineer they lived closer to where he worked, accross the river. After Cat fought the union, who went on strike for 13 years, they started moving manufacturing out of Illinois as much as possible.

/ Caterpillar Diesel D4 #6  
Thank you for the post