CB65 Backhoe recall

/ CB65 Backhoe recall #1  

madhatter

Gold Member
Tractor
2015 Massey GC1710
Got a call from my dealer. There is a recall on my GC1710 CB65 backhoe. Saying it is a recall on the valves? Anyone hear anything about it and what is wrong ? :confused:

/ CB65 Backhoe recall #2  
Oh no! Did they give you an idea about how long you'd be without? We just got our GC1710 yesterday and it has the CB65 backhoe. Possibly the recall was done before it was delivered or only certain serial #s are affected… or the dealer hadn't opened their email before delivery ;) I'm seeing them tomorrow and will ask if they've heard anything (they're to come and figure out the non-operational status of the mower deck and 3pt hitch as it was delivered). Hopefully they're only going to take away the backhoe… and hopefully they're picking it up/getting it there isn't falling on you!

/ CB65 Backhoe recall #3  
Anymore info on the CB65 recall. I bought a GC1720 that leaked fuild from the hydraulic cylinder on the dipper stick. The dealership had to order a new one as oppose to repacking it, but they never mentioned a recall.

/ CB65 Backhoe recall
Anymore info on the CB65 recall. I bought a GC1720 that leaked fuild from the hydraulic cylinder on the dipper stick. The dealership had to order a new one as oppose to repacking it, but they never mentioned a recall.

They said it was a valve in the hoe that they needed to change. And the seat switch which was also on recall. Not that it matters as I have it by passed. Figure a diesel at full rpm and hot and suddenly shuts off can't be good for the engine......

/ CB65 Backhoe recall #5  
Also not good if you are using the backhoe to swing your machine over the trench you just dug. A failure during that maneuver would be unpleasant.