ccm hydraulic top link

/ ccm hydraulic top link #1  

tommyc

Tractor
JD 4210
Has anyone installed the hydraulic top link from ccm on a JD 4210? If so did you use the 18-26 length or the 21-32 length. The original top link will adjust from 19-29.5inches.

/ ccm hydraulic top link #2  
Found on my <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> B2910 that the shorter length was needed more than the long.
18-26 length should work good for your tractor.

/ ccm hydraulic top link #3  
Ron, I agree with you that the shorter length is preferable. I had a link that was too long and there was nothing I could do but replace it with the CCM link of the proper length. If you buy one that's too short, you can add an adapter/spacer to make it longer, but it's not that easy to make it shorter.

/ ccm hydraulic top link
Thanks for the advice. I think I will go with the 18-26 and if necessary alter the quick hitch to make up for lack of length if necessary.

/ ccm hydraulic top link #5  
Jinman, where can you get these adapters, I haven't seen them? I have a hyd top link that is a few inches short.

/ ccm hydraulic top link #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Jinman, where can you get these adapters, I haven't seen them? I have a hyd top link that is a few inches short. )</font>

I knew I was going to get into trouble for that statement. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I should have said that you could make an adapter. My point was that you cannot make a long cylinder shorter, but you can add to the length on a short cylinder by welding in an extension to the rod. Depending on what type of cylinder you have, you may have to do a custom fabrication. Here is an example of one such extension attached to the cylinder in the attachment. These are not common, but one member here on TBN fabricated one using this picture as a pattern.

Attachments

• 573118-toplink2.JPG
    573118-toplink2.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 296