center of gravity

/ center of gravity #1  

Sid Kioti DK4220

Tractor
Kioti DK 4220 HST
Hello,
Where would be the center of gravity on a DK4220 with loader and back hoe mounted?

/ center of gravity #3  
I think back hoes are pretty heavy, but that is a small tractor. You're probably close to halfway between the front and rear axles.

If you're loading it on a trailer, load it forward and move it until you're happy with the tongue weight.

/ center of gravity #4  
English or European?
I don't know why but I thought of the Monty Python line where the bridge keeper asks the question:
Bridge keeper: What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
King Arthur: What do you mean? An African or a European swallow?

I like to use the term center of mass vs center of "gravity".

Last edited:
   / center of gravity #5  
1707967484569.png

/ center of gravity #6  
Hello,
Where would be the center of gravity on a DK4220 with loader and back hoe mounted?
That's going to vary depending on exactly what backhoe you have, what bucket it has on it, what attachment you have on the loader, etc. etc. Most tractors with a backhoe mounted have a balance point somewhere between the rear pivot pins for the loader and the back of the seat. Rarely is there any need to know exactly where that point is unless you're picking it with a crane (which is why I know that). Why do you ask?

/ center of gravity #7  
Hello,
I would do a weight diagram showing the weight of the backhoe, weight of the tractor, weight of the loader.

From that you could approximate the center of mass. My guess is the backhoe will weigh more than the loader pushing the center of mass toward backhoe.

/ center of gravity #8