Chainsaw and chain holder

/ Chainsaw and chain holder
IMG_1388.JPG

Welding finished. In paint shop, outside in the driveway. Husqvarna orange from Lowe’s matches Kubota pretty good. Just takes forever for paint to harden in this weather.

/ Chainsaw and chain holder #52  
View attachment 642411

Welding finished. In paint shop, outside in the driveway. Husqvarna orange from Lowe’s matches Kubota pretty good. Just takes forever for paint to harden in this weather.

I always struggle with this too. Patience will pay off. Let it sit for a day or more if needed.

IMG_1398.JPG

My paint job is bad, big orange bad! The weather and my skills are a major contributor to the quality. It is my first time using this Rust-oleum product. It is half the cost of Kubota brand which I have used before. To be fair I regularly use rust-oleum high performance paints and other colors for projects with good results.
IMG_1397.JPG
Problem with runs, long hardening time and most troublesome is the wrinkling. Gets worse with additional coats.
Probably should have used a primer with this paint.
Too many other projects repaint now. Last paint applied three days ago and still needs a few days to get harder before installing.

Mounted today. No modifications to tractor and bolted on with 5 bolts. By slightly tilting the six inch tube back can accommodate the chainsaw either above or behind the tube. Thanks dieselcrawler for the input. Helps carry the saw inside the ROPS without encroaching on the operator area. IMG_1400.JPGIMG_1401.JPG
IMG_1402.JPG

/ Chainsaw and chain holder #55  
Mounted today. No modifications to tractor and bolted on with 5 bolts. By slightly tilting the six inch tube back can accommodate the chainsaw either above or behind the tube. Thanks dieselcrawler for the input. Helps carry the saw inside the ROPS without encroaching on the operator area. View attachment 643509View attachment 643510
View attachment 643512

No need to thank me, but appreciate the recognition. I always welcome input from others, as 2 (or more) open-minded brains are better than one to bring ideas to the table.

Your project turned out nicely, I'm sure it will serve you well for years to come... if the paint ever dries!

Paint mostly dry.... finally.

Loaded up!
IMG_1406.JPG
Gas and oil for chainsaw. Container also carries saw wrench, round and flat files, sharpening guide, extra chain, and two wedges.

Multi tool hammer wrench.
Large felling wedge.
2- 5’ lifting choker chains.
20’ chain.
25’ chain.
125’ 3/8” cable with chain and slip hooks.
Snatch block.
Chainsaw.
4’ nylon strap.
12’ nylon strap.
Splitting maul.
Cant hook.

IMG_1407.JPG
IMG_1408.JPG

Holds everything well. Most of the time will just be couple of chains and sometimes the saw. Tool inventory will change to match the job. Much safer way to carry tools while working with the tractor.

/ Chainsaw and chain holder #57  
Mines not as fancy but it holds my saw and I won't dump it out of the bucket (again).

IMG_0681.jpeg

IMG_0682.jpeg

IMG_0683.jpeg

IMG_0684.jpeg

IMG_0685.jpeg

IMG_0686.jpeg

IMG_0687.jpeg

Nice build! Like bolt on attachments. Better paint job than mine.

Anyone who has carried tools, chain, fencing or anything in their bucket will eventually experience some sort of mishap. Usually more than once.