Changing the oil filter on my BX2360

/ Changing the oil filter on my BX2360 #1  

mccash40

Silver Member
Tractor
kubotabx2360
This will be my third oil change and I need suggestions. The first 2 changes went great. I purchased one of those ratchet filter removers and it worked fine. Today when I went to remove the filter, the remover just slipped around the filter. I went to the auto parts store and bought a ring remover, but I can't get it far enough in to turn. Too many wires, etc. and the filter seems to be on really tight. It's a factory Kubota filter. Any ideas?

/ Changing the oil filter on my BX2360 #2  
For many years I've used a large jaw channel lock pliers /or slip lock pliers.[what ever you want to call them] with great success, on stubborn filters. The BX has room to use them as this is what I use on mine.

/ Changing the oil filter on my BX2360
Thanks Massey Driver. I found another thread with some excellent ideas on removal. The lock pliers seem like the way to go. Oils well that ends well. :laughing:

/ Changing the oil filter on my BX2360 #4  
I've had good luck with something like this for my BX24, GR2120, and generator oil filters. Not sure what it's called. Cap wrench, maybe?

Z.

Oil Filter Cap Wrench.jpg

/ Changing the oil filter on my BX2360 #5  
I've had good luck with something like this for my BX24, GR2120, and generator oil filters. Not sure what it's called. Cap wrench, maybe?

No, that's a doofalated thingamabobber. They really work well if your filter is made for them. :D

A chain-type vice grip is also good.

Last edited:
   / Changing the oil filter on my BX2360 #6  
spin_prod_208523001.jpg

I now use this on all our vehicles. Works great in tight quarters.

/ Changing the oil filter on my BX2360 #7  
If all else fails you need to punch a hole through both sides and insert a screwdriver. Twist carefully and slowely as the filter will start to self destruct.

/ Changing the oil filter on my BX2360
Well, that ordeal is over. Filter is off and oil is changed. I used a large channel plier and was able to fit it in enough to turn it. Just in time. It snowed 2" last night.