Cheap Truck Tires?

/ Cheap Truck Tires? #21  
Pep Boys has some sort of off-brand mud tire but I can't find prices on line. May have to swing by there tomorrow.

Let me know how that goes. I only bought tires from Pep Boys once. Way back in September, 1996, I bought an old 1981 Ford F250 Lariat for a farm truck. At the time my brother could buy from Pep Boys at a considerable discount, so in December, 1996, I got a set of 4 new tires for that old F250; odd sizes (to me, anyway) because of the 16.5" wheels. Now I only paid $211.14 for the set of 4 and I never had any trouble with them, but in less than 10k miles, almost all the tread was worn off.:D

Of course, in the past 13 years, I'm sure much has changed.:)

/ Cheap Truck Tires? #22  
Of course, in the past 13 years, I'm sure much has changed.:)

They sure have because those off-brand tires have a 50k mile warranty (All Terrain) and 40K mile warranty (Mud Terrain). My BFG All-Terrains had 40K miles on them when they got below the service limit and I bet I will see about that with my Pep-Boys Definity tires if not more. BFG has no mileage warranty on their All Terrain tires...

Considering I could replace all four tires twice at Pep Boys (with install) for the cost of 4 BFG All Terrains (not installed), I will get much more use per dollar from the Definity's.

/ Cheap Truck Tires? #23  
Mud tires will not last as long; all the ones I've seen seem to be a softer compound...

I did ok from 4 Wheel Parts. I got Dick Cepek mud tires, for less than $800, and got a $40 rebate card. Mine are 285-75-16 I think... They seem to really deal on Pro Comp's too. They have a buy 3, 4th free right now.

Sure there is! Or....there was. I've gotten a good 20k off of them, which is not great. But, they probably still have another 5-10k of tread on them but one got a big hole in it and another already has two plugs in it from nails. And I know that I won't find another deal like that but I'd like to get a set for under $800.

/ Cheap Truck Tires? #24  
Have you considered "take offs"?
These are basically new tires that either came with a vehicle or that somebody purchased then for whatever reason didn't like and exchanged the tires for new ones. Since the tires have been on the ground for maybe just a few hundred or even a couple of thousand miles they cannot be sold as new.
If you're interested, give these folks a call and see what they can do.
Welcome to www.TireTown.com

/ Cheap Truck Tires?
The tire shop next to my office (where I bought the current set of take offs) has a set of 'take offs' he wanted to sell me real cheap, but they were 16s, not 17s. Maybe I need to find a set of cheap 16 inch rims since it seems like anything bigger than 16 inches comes with a much inflated price.

I have not gotten over to Pep Boys yet to look at the definitys but I will at some point. Got more to do than I can get done right now.

/ Cheap Truck Tires? #26  
You may need 17's. Before you look too much at 16's, find out if they will clear the disk rotors.

Bigger better brakes = bigger rims to clear them.

Tbut they were 16s, not 17s. Maybe I need to find a set of cheap 16 inch rims since it seems like anything bigger than 16 inches comes with a much inflated price.

/ Cheap Truck Tires? #27  
There is a store in Dallas that sells used only. My son bought a pair of like new tires for his Silverado fro $100 mounted and balanced. They looked brand new to me.

/ Cheap Truck Tires? #28  
Try Wal-Mart. I don't know about the Mud tires, but Wal-Mart had a Uniroyal tire with an "E" load rating for my truck. I put about $5k miles or less each year on my truck yearly, so I dont' long tread life. I just like something I can trust not to explode on the freeway with a heavy load.

/ Cheap Truck Tires? #29  
N80,
There's a dealer in Sparta, NC that sells on Ebay under the name of atw-tires. I purchased a set of BFG Mud Terrains in LT255 75/17 (load range C). They are new tires, not blemished, and excellent price - approx. $400.00. I could'nt buy 2 of them at that price in town. I am fairly local, so I picked them up in person. If you're not too far off, I don't think you'll beat this price on this type tire. He carries other styles also, but this size & type are the bargain of the bunch.