chicken tractors and hay making

/ chicken tractors and hay making #31  
Hello Chicken Tractor and Hay making Pioneers!

I found this thread while I was looking into this exact prospect. I am so far a Chicken tractor experimenter and am looking into land that would be good for both Chickens and Hay. Currently, I know little about Hay. So I am very interested in what you guys have found out with your mutual beneficial agreement. Does it work? Are the chicken guys still in Business? I am excited to find out.

We are in the process of putting together a model to run organic chickens and veggies. Our business plan is pretty unique in the eyes of conventional ag lenders. So adding Hay to the model could be our way in!

Thanks!

/ chicken tractors and hay making #32  
i used to use chicken poop that didnt not a thing for the field tryed that for 10 years then we used hog poop that worked better i think cow poop works the best tryed that liked the results of it

/ chicken tractors and hay making #33  
Liquid cow manure works very well for me really got a jump start on my hayfields this spring.

/ chicken tractors and hay making #34  
I read this whole thread, and I still can't figure out what a "chicken tractor" is...

/ chicken tractors and hay making #35  
Chicken tractors are mobile pens, about 15 x 15, that hold their meat birds and get dragged around so the birds essentially range the field but in controlled increments. They had barrels atop which gravity feed automatic waterers.

Portable chicken pens = chicken tractor

/ chicken tractors and hay making #36