Christmas present - First Aid Kit

/ Christmas present - First Aid Kit #11  
Instead of "sticky tape", which is a torture item on any body part with hair, I prefer the self-stick stretch tape. It sticks only to itself. It can be used several times if clean. Put your preferred antibiotic on a gauze pad then wrap it over the wound with the stretch tape.

Just got over a run-in with a shop press plate. All healed now. :thumbsup:

/ Christmas present - First Aid Kit #12  
We had a thread going a while back about who makes a good first aid kit. I think the general concensus was to make your own with the things you think you'll need.

I've been slowly adapting the one I keep in my truck and it's become a merger between a first aid kit, trauma kit and survival kit. In fact, I was at a Sportsmans Warehouse today and bought this MTM case to store it all in (I outgrew the smaller soft pack I had). I placed the screwdriver in the picture to give it a scale reference. I keep a typical assortment of bandages, ointments, tweezers, scissors, but also blood clotting gauze, chest wound kit, eye flush, cold compress, space blanket, matches, water purifying straw. The whole idea was to have a relatively comprehensive kit for emergencies of all types that complemented other things I normally have in my truck (tools, duct tape, wire etc.). This box should fit perfectly under my rear seat.
IMG_0167[1].JPG

/ Christmas present - First Aid Kit #13  
We had a thread going a while back about who makes a good first aid kit. I think the general concensus was to make your own with the things you think you'll need.

I've been slowly adapting the one I keep in my truck and it's become a merger between a first aid kit, trauma kit and survival kit. In fact, I was at a Sportsmans Warehouse today and bought this MTM case to store it all in (I outgrew the smaller soft pack I had). I placed the screwdriver in the picture to give it a scale reference. I keep a typical assortment of bandages, ointments, tweezers, scissors, but also blood clotting gauze, chest wound kit, eye flush, cold compress, space blanket, matches, water purifying straw. The whole idea was to have a relatively comprehensive kit for emergencies of all types that complemented other things I normally have in my truck (tools, duct tape, wire etc.). This box should fit perfectly under my rear seat.
View attachment 679356

That looks like a handy size and I like the "survival DIY box" wording on the lid.
I spent several minutes on their web site and couldn't find it.

You wouldn't happen to have a link would you?

/ Christmas present - First Aid Kit #15  
I own a 1988 BMW 325i convert, garage queen, had it for 27 years, my coffin.

It has a first aid kit, from the factory, written all in German, attached in my trunk. I popped it open once, maybe 25 years ago. It could be out of date.