Christmas present ....

/ Christmas present .... #1  

johara1

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ventrac 4500P
I just picked up a new 3 point hitch and hyd. top link and the 3and 1 to put my from attachments on the rear. I know it is expensive but I have a bunch of stumps to grind and fill in and it will sure save a lot of work. The stump grinder is a real PITA. to hook up..... jim

/ Christmas present .... #3  
Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

Please let us know how much of a PIA it is to install the 3 point rear and center link.

prs

/ Christmas present ....
Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

Please let us know how much of a PIA it is to install the 3 point rear and center link.

prs

I really don't see an issue with this at all, I don't think it is very hard, not like changing engines in a D 11.... A fun thing in the warmth of my garage...... jim

/ Christmas present .... #5  
Your garage is large enough to house a Cat D-11?!?! WOW. Mine is a tight fit for two cars and a Gold Wing. lol

Thanks for the assessment. I have considered this addition.

prs

/ Christmas present ....
Your garage is large enough to house a Cat D-11?!?! WOW. Mine is a tight fit for two cars and a Gold Wing. lol

Thanks for the assessment. I have considered this addition.

prs

Not hardly and if you knew anything about working on one, you would know you lay out in the cold and snow and rain to work on them. This is childs play on toys.... don't even need a crane......lol

/ Christmas present ....
After finding the time to start the project it was rather interesting, first I found that from the factory I only had one bolt holding the rear trans axle bottom cover holding it on.It was installed wrong and there were no marks showing that it ever had bolts in the holes, so much for QC.Next was the hose was too short that went from the oil cooler to the 3 point with control, I added a fitting to the one end to gain the length and a 90 degree JIC fitting to the other end to change the direction. A lot of other little things that take time and lot of other tools needed than what they list. The directions have a lot to be desired also.......

/ Christmas present .... #8  
Hay Jim, how is the progress coming with that Christmas present?
Ernie

/ Christmas present ....
Hay Jim, how is the progress coming with that Christmas present?
Ernie

Ernie, it is on and working, and no leaks.... fixed a few things that were wrong from the factory. Now all I need is the weather........ jim