Circulating heater

/ Circulating heater #1  

Billrog

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti 2610, 580 SuperM Case Backhoe
20221121_141902.jpg

Installed 2 kratts block heaters on my last kioti both shorted out and quit in a very short time. Had this one laying around for yrs. now we'll see how well it works. Or if it works.

/ Circulating heater #2  
As long as flow can circulate it should work. the main killer for heaters is air pockets allowing heating elements to overheat and burn out.

/ Circulating heater
Just below freezing this morning when I turned the key on no glow plug light came on but the tractor started just like a hot summer day. No smoke or rattling and banging needless to say I'm glad I bit the bullet and installed the heater. The block heaters on previous tractor worked well until they leaked around the element and shorted the pug. I think this happened because it's in a 33mm thimble ( sleeve) concentrating the heat into a small area causing to much heat at the element. This is only my theory because I had 2 fail in the same way.

/ Circulating heater #4  
I had two block heaters fail from poor solder job connection between heating element and cord connection. The elements themselves tested OK

Agree on heater sure makes them start easier.