CK 25HST Bush Hog Squeler 48 or Bush Hog Razorback RZ

/ CK 25HST Bush Hog Squeler 48 or Bush Hog Razorback RZ #1  

Sonora Doug

Tractor
Kioti CK25 HST
Just bought a 2006 CK 25HST with 273 hours and need a rough mower. 2 units are available locally and in good shape a Bush Hog Squealer 48 or a Bush Hog Razorback RZ60.
Can I get away with using the RZ 60 with this tractor? Mowing weeds, blackberry bushes and keeping a trail clear.

Thanks,
Doug

/ CK 25HST Bush Hog Squeler 48 or Bush Hog Razorback RZ #2  
You can get away with the 60, but the 48 is the proper size. For trail clearing, you don't need the extra width. 60" is what I have behind my 35HP Kioti, and it's about perfect size.

/ CK 25HST Bush Hog Squeler 48 or Bush Hog Razorback RZ
Thanks Tony I had a feeling that the 60" might be to big since the PTO HP on my tractor is at the bottom limit.

/ CK 25HST Bush Hog Squeler 48 or Bush Hog Razorback RZ #4  
I have the bobcat ct225. Spec says claimed 27 hp. And 19.5 claimed pto hp. I believe it is the same motor as the ck 27. I think you're tractor spec is 25 hp and 19.5 claimed hp at the pto.
I'm not sure how we can have the same pto hp with different engine hp it seems mine is either to high or yours is to low but who knows. Anyhow I run a 5 foot king kutter rotary cutter and would not want it any smaller. Can I bog it down? Sure but I'm yet to find a combo that I couldn't in the toughest conditions but I by no means feel it is under powered. Set properly in most conditions it mowes right along just fine but in 5 foot tall wet thick swamp grass I have to slow down.

/ CK 25HST Bush Hog Squeler 48 or Bush Hog Razorback RZ #5  
I just bought a Woods BB48X for my CK27. I wanted a 5 ft cutter but after looking at my pto hp, which is rated at almost 22 hp i dropped down a size so as not to be at the top range of my pto. I live in a National Forest so the smaller size has worked well for going around trees and clearing trails. It cuts 1 1/2 " saplings with no problem. The Woods rep said the 5 ft cutter was near the limit of size and weight and recommended the 4 ft cutter....for what its worth !

/ CK 25HST Bush Hog Squeler 48 or Bush Hog Razorback RZ #6  
I ran a RZ60 for 24 years with a whole lot less tractor than your CK. A Kubota B-8200 to be exact....just have to use your head, and as tman1020 said, adjust your ground speed to the job at hand. That little Kubota, never gave me a minutes worth of trouble from the radiator, to the pto shaft, all the years I had it. Shortly after buying the CK, I sold the Kubota in perfect running order, no leaks or drips from front to back, no strange noises, used no oil, etc, etc. Before selling it, I did put brakes on it, and replaced the weather cracked seat and steering wheel....that's it. So 24 years of spinning the 60" Razorback, caused zero problems. Oh, I still have the mower....use it on occasion to mow the path into the woods, still works great, but most of my mowing is now done with a 73" flail.

Kubota B-8200 specs:

TractorData.com Kubota B8200 tractor information