CK 30 HST

/ CK 30 HST #11  
I always check it when it's warm.
I would also warm up the tractor by driving it around some and moving the loader in order to cycle and warm up the oil before changing it. Oil flows more freely when its warm.

/ CK 30 HST #12  
HIGHBEAM, excellent advice on the front diff fluid refill. I checked mine a few days after changing/refilling and the sight glass showed no fluid. Topped it off agian and now it's OK. Now I know to move it around next time to make sure it's full!

/ CK 30 HST #13  
Highbeam advised a very important part of refilling the front axle. After draining, mine showed full with only 4 quarts poured in. Thought the manual was a misprint and I didn't measure what came out. I checked the oil level after about an hour's work and the last quart was needed and topped mine off. That's why TBN is great. Everyone shares their tricks and knowledge.

/ CK 30 HST #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( does it make any difference if the tractor is cold or warm when you check the fluid level )</font>
I personally don't think it makes any real difference, but it should be warm when you drain it so that it all comes out. If you do warm up first before just checking the level, make sure you let it sit for a little while to allow all the oil to drain down to the pan before checking.
John

/ CK 30 HST #15  
Just had my 50 hrs tune up done this morning by the dealer, all filter including the diesel filter was change, in my view this is important due to the breaking period, as for the front axal, they use the hydro oil, the 90 gear oil is simply to rich for the cold weather and would actually create resistance, finally and I can't stress this enough keep an eye out for those nuts and bolts as they loosen up...cag

/ CK 30 HST #16  
Hope while you were there you stocked up on spare keys. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ CK 30 HST #17  
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifSure did /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifBTW he came down to my place, great dealer I got there /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif...cag

/ CK 30 HST #18  
Any particular reason you changed the diesel fuel filter? I thought the interval on that was way out. I sure wish they had a draincock on the bowl but at least it is clear.

Are all Kioti keys the same? I've bent mine once and wouldn't mind a spare spare on hand.

/ CK 30 HST #19  
There is very little chance of metal shavings in the fuel tank never the less, better safe than sorry, I believe the owners manual requires all filter change the first 50hrs I'm not sure, as for the keys, they are all the same for the CK30...cag