Loader CK 35 HST - pressure relief setting... or is this thing just a dog

/ CK 35 HST - pressure relief setting... or is this thing just a dog
From some of the previous post it appears they set the pressure then weld the adjuster nut ? So take your pressure reading, remove relief.. grind weld, go 1 revolution reinstall and check pressure until you get to the sweet spot then re tack it...
Any one have any issue with generating excessive heat ?

Pete

/ CK 35 HST - pressure relief setting... or is this thing just a dog #12  
My CK30hst with R4 tires not loaded will spin the tires in low range 4WD even on pavement. In mid range, the engine will just stall and that's at 2500rpm. You need to do some adjusting but I would use a pressure gauge to know where you're at.

/ CK 35 HST - pressure relief setting... or is this thing just a dog #13  
Hello,

Just purchased a new ck35 hst, doing some testing in the yard with the fel in a loose top soil pile of dirt.

Here is the question with a 35 hp tractor I would expect when approaching a pile and bucket that is 50 % full in low range once the tractor can not move forward anymore it should ? A) spin the tires or B) hear the motor load down then pressure relief should open....... Currently it just stops moving motor Rpm is not dropping due to overload issue.......

Have read a few other posts here with regards to the ck 27/30 utilizing a different RV relief valve.... but nothing on the ck35hst... Is this something the dealer can adjust or is this think just under powered....

just to do a compare had the neighbour bring his Kubota 2920 and do the exact same task....and it wanted to climb the pile....

thanks for you
comments

When you were driving into the pile what was your engine RPM, low RPMs under 2,000 will act similar to the way you describe. If you are in the working range for the HST it will either stall if you do not let up the go pedal, or spin the tires. If you are in the working range of the HST. letting up on the pedal will develop more torque, and less speed.

/ CK 35 HST - pressure relief setting... or is this thing just a dog #14  
I usually spin the tires in that scenario since I'm in low range and running about 2K rpm, and R4 tires. No stall out.
You're right about curling the bucket and lifting at the same time to get a full load, unless you're scooping off a concrete pad and pinning the gravel against a wall.
The breakout force of the bucket is much greater than it's actual lifting capacity. I've been using mine that way to loosen soil and pry out rocks prior to scooping them all up. You do have to watch it that you don't concentrate the force on too small an area on the bucket or you could bend it.

And you're right about the Daedong tractors. I'm really happy with their cost per value.

/ CK 35 HST - pressure relief setting... or is this thing just a dog #15  
With my CK30 if I drove into a pile in low range, I would either spin the tires or stall the engine, depending on the rpm at the time. I find myself stalling my DK40 more often than I did the CK. Sometimes I couldn't lift a full pile with my CK, but my CK had a bucket on it from a LK3054, which turned out to be a 9 cuft bucket and CK's come standard with 7 cuft buckets.

Surprised you're stalling out the DK. Is that happening often? I ask because I find my DK has immense power to move material, tires loaded, standard DK bucket, (with Kioti extra reversible cutting edge installed), no mods to RV's. In low range, 4x4, revved to 2K+ I can break out stumps I've ripped the roots on, (that are too heavy for the backhoe to pull out of the hole) by *wedging the bucket edge under the stump root ball and letting the bucket curl a bit and then it lifts the REAR tires off the ground until the entire stump pops out of the ground like a great big turnip!:confused2::eek: * Just yesterday developed this technique for extra stump lifting power.
It's a psycho beast for it's size and weight. YMMV
Just curious when the stalling occurs for your DK?

To the OP I'm confident if you check and adjust your RV to the correct pressure you may see better results.
Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

CM

/ CK 35 HST - pressure relief setting... or is this thing just a dog #16  
Tim,

The adjustment to the relief valve was done by the dealer or yourself if so with some modification to the relief ?

Sorry, I missed this reply.

I basically pushed into a pile of uncompacted topsoil, and tweeked the pressure relief(s), until it would curl and lift the load. I did not monitor the pressure in the system when I did this, but I have full confidence that this is well within the safe design parameters of the mechanical and hydraulic systems. ( disclaimer for those of you who will point this out )

I was a little more than peeved that it could not lift that much material as delivered from the dealer. I have had no problems with my HST drive though. Lots of torque.

/ CK 35 HST - pressure relief setting... or is this thing just a dog #17  
When my New Holland TC33da was delivered a few years ago, it would not pick up the front end of the tractor with the loader pointing straight down. The most anemic loader I had ever seen. I had to call the dealer and have them come out and adjust it.. It was fine after that.:) He said "well they come that way to keep people from tearing up stuff".. Yeah, well it also keeps you from picking up stuff:eek: