Winches CK20 Winch

/ CK20 Winch #1  

ChasK

Tractor
Kioti CK20
Any thoughts on model specs for a winch to attach to the front of a CK20? Just starting to look and want opinions...If you have a pic, that would be great.

/ CK20 Winch #2  
Do you have a loader? On my CK30, the loader comes down to within only a couple inches of the frame of the tractor where it seems you would want to mount the winch.

I would rather see it on the back, that way you could winch a log up and then drive it away. Yeah, winch from the rear.

You could even mount the winch on a cradle made for trucks to slide into a receiver hitch. You could then use it on your truck too.

/ CK20 Winch #3  
My Dad has a 20 horse Orange bucket, and purchased a winch for a receiver. He has a RV battery, and attaches it to the back. Works Really well. He has been thinking about building a tray for the battery to fit in, but he really doesn't need it. He uses it mostly for draging trees, and rounding up branches.

It is amazing what you can think of when you get older, and want the machine to do more of the work! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dereck
AKA Kinetickioti
CK 30 HST BB FEL 60" Rotary Cutter

/ CK20 Winch #4  
I use a 2000 lb warren, but I wish I had bought a 4000 lb unit. Here a suggestion you can buy a 2-peice jumper cable set from Napa that mounts a quick connection to the vehicle. Connect this to your tractor battery and mount the quick connect to the tractor this way when you use the winch you can plug it in. Unless you mount the winch.