CK2610H massive hyd leak and Kioti warranty

/ CK2610H massive hyd leak and Kioti warranty #1  

John Skull

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610H, John Deere D130
Right at the 2-year mark, my 2018 Kioti with 180 hours on it let loose with a deluge of hydraulic fluid just after coming out of bush-hoggin in the woods. I tried several times to locate the leak (briefly starting the engine after adding some fluid) but couldn't see the source, only that it came from under the FEL joystick area where there are many, many pipes and tubes. It couldn't be started long enough to get onto my trailer so I had to have it towed on a roll-back.

By the time I got it to the local dealer (next closest one is 2 hours away) it was a few days past the 2-yr mark and end of the bumper-to-bumper warranty. It took my dealer 6 weeks to get it repaired ("busy season") but they did a fine job on it, replacing six O-rings on various tubes and a missing bolt. I have the factory-installed 3rd function for the Kioti backhoe, included at time of purchase. I hear from a couple sources that the 3rd function piping is commonly the source of such a leak. Runs great now :)

Good news is that Kioti honored the warranty and I paid for nothing but a hyd filter.

/ CK2610H massive hyd leak and Kioti warranty #2  
Great to hear. Your dealer did a good job helping on the warranty. I have always had great warranty work done on my unit back in the day. Luckily i never needed much. Since my Warranty expired....ive had only 2 front axle seals replaced. No other real work except maintenance. I really like Kioti quality.
Right now its not just busy season, but getting any part takes time due to covid.

/ CK2610H massive hyd leak and Kioti warranty #3  
Right at the 2-year mark, my 2018 Kioti with 180 hours on it let loose with a deluge of hydraulic fluid just after coming out of bush-hoggin in the woods. I tried several times to locate the leak (briefly starting the engine after adding some fluid) but couldn't see the source, only that it came from under the FEL joystick area where there are many, many pipes and tubes. It couldn't be started long enough to get onto my trailer so I had to have it towed on a roll-back.

By the time I got it to the local dealer (next closest one is 2 hours away) it was a few days past the 2-yr mark and end of the bumper-to-bumper warranty. It took my dealer 6 weeks to get it repaired ("busy season") but they did a fine job on it, replacing six O-rings on various tubes and a missing bolt. I have the factory-installed 3rd function for the Kioti backhoe, included at time of purchase. I hear from a couple sources that the 3rd function piping is commonly the source of such a leak. Runs great now :)

Good news is that Kioti honored the warranty and I paid for nothing but a hyd filter.

Did you buy it in Westminster SC?That is were I bought mine.

/ CK2610H massive hyd leak and Kioti warranty
Did you buy it in Westminster SC?That is were I bought mine.

No.. bought in Aiken at a dealership that went out of biz, and sold/transferred the Kioti dealership to another tractor place a few miles down the road.

Is there any type of maintenance that can prevent the o-ring leak, or is it just run-to-failure??

/ CK2610H massive hyd leak and Kioti warranty #5  
Good to hear Kioti stands behind its tractor. I have a CK2610HST coming up on one year old. Love that thing,

/ CK2610H massive hyd leak and Kioti warranty #6  
I popped off a hose to the hydraulic return line (hard line) on my B7800: I merely towed it back home with my truck, across my own property. There's a few inches wide by about 6 inches long hole in a chassis section under the tractor and those hoses and lines route through it. Had a piece of brush wedge up inside and push the edge of the hose off the line. This is one of those cases where a geared tractor has an advantage: ain't going to lose the ability to move the tractor.

Brush hogging ain't the same as mowing a lawn :D