Backhoe CK30 backhoe problems

/ CK30 backhoe problems #1  

mrutkaus

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30HST, Kubota BX-1500,
not an immediate need, but in reading here, do i have to worry about either of the kioti backhoes reliability?

thanks

mike
winchester va

/ CK30 backhoe problems #2  
No.

Keep it lubed and lube the left /right pivot real good.

Don't panic over little leaks at fittings just tighten or put new O Rings on the ORB fittings.

Don't raise the tractor way up in the air on the outriggers then dig. Keep it planted and use the bucket and brakes to stop linear movement.

Dave

/ CK30 backhoe problems #3  
No, they're good backhoes that require regular maintenance just as any other brand needs.
John

/ CK30 backhoe problems #4  
That was kind of my question in another thread. I had to have the valve body replaced within hours and the new one seemed to be fine for a couple of weeks but then leaks off to the ground in 30 to 45 minutes. That seems fast to me. I am no expert but at the price of this valve body (in the 1700 -1800 dollar) range I don't want to have to buy one.

I am not wanting to cause alarm but that does seem to be an issue from what I have read here. I love my tractor. So far the issue has been resolved by warranty. Hopefully before that runs out it is completely resolved. I know machines are going to break and there is maintainance. I also have the issue of the boom not pulling up far enough to insert the pin. The dealer gave me a smaller pin and that works but that is not a fix for that problem. There is plenty of play in the boom to lift it up. It seems to me to be an issue of quick wear in a bushing on that boom or an engineering issue.

/ CK30 backhoe problems #5  
Hi all,
I like the service I get from my dealer, I have not had the problems leaky valves or anything limp backhoe problems. My problems has been with the durability of the metal and the joints. I have broken/worn/cracked two things on my backhoe. But I am digging rocks. Both time they were fixed with no questions asked and quickly. The frist problem I notices was resolved with a design change by kioti. I will probably beef up the backhoe after the warrently expires. I like the new Woods design, but my dealer does not carry them.

joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ CK30 backhoe problems #6  
I was just wondering what you broke? I too have been digging rocks, actually some rather large ones, it took me over w hours to get it out. It was a little bigger than the front bucket on my ck25. I can wait till spring to start again and also move onto the stumps. i bought mine in October of 2005 and was wondering what change they have made and if mine has that design change.
Thanks,
Steve

/ CK30 backhoe problems #7  
I posted some pics of the break a while back. the first break was where the closest ram/hydrolic piston connects at the front base. You all most look directly at it when operating the machine. the eye holes ripped where the bolt holding the ram in place. the metal is now thicker and they put another kinda Y or U shaped metal over the eye holes on the new one I got. the second one was at the top of the dip stick. The joint started to get rounded out. another owner had the same problem. I showed the deal the post to support my claim. I got a new dipp stick but the metal is still thin and very little weilding seems to be holding it in place.

joe

/ CK30 backhoe problems #8  
WOW. I'll have to search for those earlier pics.
Thanks,
Steve