CK30HST followed me home

/ CK30HST followed me home
"Just work the tit on the mat back and forth and it will go down in the hole... " Ugggh /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I posted a follow up on the screen issue. Turns out this is not a design error but an assembly error by Kioti. The screens were switched left to right. This is not an obvious problem until you put the intake tube on and try and remove the screens. I was able to R&R the screens correctly by first removing the intake tube. Problem solved.

It seemed the floor mat **** were much too large to fit the outer deck holes. I'll try some lube and a little muscle to work them in. Might need to shave down the **** a bit or slightly enlarge the hole if the elbow grease method doesn't get it done.

These aren't major defects. It isn't a 50,000$ pickup truck and I am not totally shocked to be cleaning up a few loose ends. Whether the dealer missed it or Kioti missed it, I expect to do a little bit of work to get it just the way I like it.

Heck, I just found some zercs that hadn't been greased at the dealer. There was one zerc that was impossible to get at with a standard grease gun head. I'll need to replace it with a 90 degree zerc.

So far I haven't spent any money to clean up the loose ends. Just time that I've enjoyed immensely.

I was nearly sold on a Kubota 3130or 3430 until I found this brand while looking around on the site. I saved at least 4000$ for what I consider an equivalent tractor. Made in Korea, made in japan, whatever, I am of a generation that sees that there is almost nothing truly made in america. My only tradeoff for that 4000$ saving is the potential lack of parts and service support. But I have also operated a 30 year old Kubota and back when that Kubota was new, there wasn't much of a dealer network either. I know all tractors from the big three + Kioti are very good, but Kioti offers the best value currently. Plus I'm an impulse buyer and I don't always need to eliminate all possible competition to make a purchase.

/ CK30HST followed me home #32  
..........and this is one area that 4,000 pounds of machine comes in handy. What you don't see in this pic are the five missing oak trees I have removed them mostly just by pushing them over. These trees are 30+ feet tall. I'm impressed with the ease by which this machine pushes trees of this size over. A lightweight wouldn't stand a chance

Attachments

• 726396-DSC00040.JPG
    726396-DSC00040.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 160
   / CK30HST followed me home #33  
Hey, you should be biased when you sell the brand. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Hopefully you have seen in the past that I've been very quick to complain about "issues" with a tractor I recently owned that wasn't a Kioti. No tractors that I'm aware of are perfect. My comment is just sort of saying that if people accept less than what is advertised, the manufacturer will continue to slip in quality; figuring that "nobody is complaining".

I have intentionally not posted the brand of tractors I now own. You can also look through every post I've ever made on TBN and never find where I've tried to push my brand of tractor on anyone else. I'm not a dealer, and I think it is in poor taste to try to get others to buy what I own simply for my own satisfaction in seeing others buy what I have. Frankly, I couldn't possibly care less if others bought the brand of tractors I now own.

I completely dismiss the credibility of what I consider "brand pushers" who are not dealers. I don't know what their goal is, but I don't care for it. It's one thing to say that they like, and are satisfied with their brand, but to run down all other brands and try to play it off that someone is making a mistake to not buy what they bought is wrong. It reminds me of the kids in school who were really insecure and felt the need of others to do what they were doing to feel good about themselves.

/ CK30HST followed me home #34  
Hmmm, didn't consider the trailering aspect. Good point. I'll give your method a try when I get home tonight.

/ CK30HST followed me home #35  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( "
I was nearly sold on a Kubota 3130or 3430 until I found this brand while looking around on the site. I saved at least 4000$ for what I consider an equivalent tractor. Made in Korea, made in japan, whatever, I am of a generation that sees that there is almost nothing truly made in america. My only tradeoff for that 4000$ saving is the potential lack of parts and service support. But I have also operated a 30 year old Kubota and back when that Kubota was new, there wasn't much of a dealer network either. I know all tractors from the big three + Kioti are very good, but Kioti offers the best value currently. Plus I'm an impulse buyer and I don't always need to eliminate all possible competition to make a purchase. )</font>

4000 Wow that's a lot of money

/ CK30HST followed me home #36  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 4000 Wow that's a lot of money )</font>

That's why I bought my CK25. Similar capacity tractor for 25% less. Now I can enjoy shopping for implements and other goodies for it with the money I saved. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ CK30HST followed me home
Cheap, frugal, value oriented, efficient. Call it what you must but I don't want to just throw money in the garbage can. I'll take that 4k$ and pay down some other debt or use it for something cool. The Kioti also has the same 0% financing deal going on so you needn't worry about wasting money on interest.

I kid you not... JD, Kubota, NH all seem very proud of their name. To the tune of nearly 25% in my case. See for yourself.

/ CK30HST followed me home #38  
There are people who are never satisfied. These are bitter people. Kinda like the kids in school who don't have what the other kids have but wish they had it. Ok Ok I'm just having a bit of fun here /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ CK30HST followed me home #39  
I kid you not... JD, Kubota, NH all seem very proud of their name. To the tune of nearly 25% in my case. See for yourself.

I guess I'm not alone in some of the prices I was quoted in my search

/ CK30HST followed me home #40  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I kid you not... JD, Kubota, NH all seem very proud of their name. To the tune of nearly 25% in my case. See for yourself.
)</font>
I used to live in Biloxi, MS. I'm now sending the savings I made on my Kioti CK20HST to hurricane relief. Want to see a great video of how awful it really is? I know it's not tractor related, but you've gotta see this horror to believe it. About 20 minutes long, Gulfport to Ocean Springs along Hwy 90.
Under "Featured Videos" choose "Skycopter on the Coast:First Tour." It requires window media player.
John Skycopter Tour