CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?!

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #111  
Clutch disc can rust to the flywheel and pressure plate sitting still. This can lead to a not good condition. Use it or lose it.
Or.......just "block" the clutch with a block of wood.

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #112  
I would venture a guess that Kioti has provided a hook/ bracket on the clutch pedal to hold the clutch "down". I know my Bobcat has one

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #113  
Well....that’s what the latch is for on my CK30. If the tractor is going to be parked for a long time I can push down the clutch pedal and latch it. Keeps the clutch plates apart😉 Dutchy

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #114  
Well....that’s what the latch is for on my CK30. If the tractor is going to be parked for a long time I can push down the clutch pedal and latch it. Keeps the clutch plates apart😉 Dutchy
Some brands of tractors have that clutch latch, some do not.

Last edited:
   / CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #115  
My Kioti has the latch. My tractor never sits long enough to worry about it, but the latch will be handy if it ever does.

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #116  
I had purchased a 15ish year old at the time lk 3054 with 375 hours. This night is was delivered the clutch smoked out after 3 hours of use. I have had gear tractors for years it wasn’t me. The dealer I purchased it from refused to warrant it and told me it was a sub3 k job. I took it an hour away and that dealer did the job for sub 2k and said it still had shipping blocks in it and that’s what caused it to fail. I purchased it from the original selling dealer moral of the story have someone else look at it

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #117  
Hi' Being a work shop Manager, now retired, I have had similar problems with shipping packing ,blocks , spacers, and end caps being left in assemblies often causing major down time with serious damage to other components, the problem was the use of un trained labor hire mechanics/fitters, the company used to reduce the costs of employing and training their own labor.
I had, in an in your face position, in my office for upper management to see as they came in to my office when this sort of thing repeatedly happened a sticker with these words on it SKILLED LABOR ISN'T CHEAP, CHEAP LABOR ISN'T SKILLED. all I did was to point to the sticker and hand them the reports , we went from 26 full time fitter/mechanics/ welders/ to 5 over 20 years on a 24/7, 35 acre chemical plant that is now no more.

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #118  
Splitting a tractor is not that hard to do (I have done a few) but I have two Nuffields and being able to re-clutch without splitting it makes it ALMOST nice! I'd have a machinist check the alignment of the clutch mainshaft with the bell housing to be sure it is completely perpendicular.
Hi' Just to remind you all that if a clutch starts to slip heat is generated and generally takes a while for it to fail completely, that heat not only burns the clutch plate but also glazes the surface of both the fly wheel and pressure plate its a really dumb idea just to replace the clutch plate without having the fly wheel and pressure plate re surfaced especially so with two or three stage clutches, glazing also hardens and can put minute almost invisible stress cracks in both the fly wheel and pressure plate even a brand new clutch plate will slip on a glazed and hardened surface that can even be warped, some thing you just cant pick up buy eye alone.

Given the expense time and effort to split a tractor to save a couple of extra dollars on NOT resurfacing the fly wheel or pressure plate or checking the spring pressures of the pressure plate is just insanity you have to take the pressure plate off any way so what's six more bolts to remove the fly wheel and have it checked???

I have refused a few clutch jobs because of the owners that only want the clutch plate replaced, the same goes for tractor brakes if the drums or discs are glazed new shoes or pads won't fix it for very long if at all.

Regard's
I agree with you Cameron. I believe a nice clean flywheel / pressure plate has to help; it sure did on my truck. I do have a question for you. Does resurfacing the two surfaces mentioned have any affect on the standard settings that one uses to set up the clutch? I have a '64 135 with live PTO / dual clutch and I'm just about to put the tractor back together. Should I do anything different than factory settings? In my research, I've discovered that most people set the secondary clutch adjustment somewhere between .065 to .080 instead of the book value of .090. I don't think resurfacing will affect the secondary clutch anyway. What about the finger setting. Most people set them somewhere between two threads showing and 49 mm. Does the resurfacing affect this setting? Any recommendation?